Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Is it worth getting LoJack?

Old 09-22-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth getting LoJack?

I will most probably be purchasing a new s2k very soon. Most every dealer pushes the importance of LoJack.

My question is if it is really needed and is it worth it?

I'd like to hear everyones opinion.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by pininfarina456,Sep 22 2007, 09:28 PM
I will most probably be purchasing a new s2k very soon. Most every dealer pushes the importance of LoJack.

My question is if it is really needed and is it worth it?

I'd like to hear everyones opinion.
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][B]If you have good insurance I don't think it
is necessary.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:08 PM

I have it on mine and it gives me peace of mind knowing it's there. I've had a few cars stolen in the past and it's a crappy feeling waiting for the police or insurance company to act. but that's just me...
Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 PM

No, I don't think it's worth it because that's what insurance is for.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:10 PM

I had it on my 01' type R integra. Never did find the car. they did pay my deductible (250) which after the price of the lojack and install left me just shy of 500 in the hole.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have good insurance I don't think it
is necessary.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:24 PM

No!, If my car got stolen i wouldn't want it back.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:57 PM

With immobilizer I haven't ever worried that my Hondas would get stolen... Unless the thieves plan on bringing a flatbed and sneaking it away before I get back, in which case they can keep it, and I can get a new one.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have LoJack on my car. This is the first time I have purchased LoJack, or any other REAL security system. I look at it this way.

When a car was stolen from me in the past, my only option was to go through the motions, sit back, and wait for the insurance company to tell me what they thought it was worth. Realistically, there is virtually no way the police are going to find your car before it is stripped, and very unlikely that anyone will be punished for the crime they have committed.

I chose to purchase the LoJack system with early warning. At least now I know that when my car is stolen, there will be at least 3 squad cars in my (and nearby) jurisdiction actively looking for the signal from my LoJack box; meanwhile I will be notified by SMS and E-mail within 30 to 45 minutes of theft, so that I can confirm my car was stolen and get a jump on submitting a police report.
Because the LoJack system alerts police BEFORE I submit my police report, and even WITHOUT ANY action from me, the likelyhood that the perpetrator will be located before my car is totally stripped (if at all) is greatly increased. If some bastard is going to steal my car, so be it. But I'd rather he pay the price, than get away with it.

Even if all of this only adds up to "piece of mind," I'm happy with my <$800 one time purchase.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM

My integra was stolen, and right now I'm a huge fan of having LoJack installed on your car. I can't remember the discount, but most insurance companies give a discount to you if you have LoJack installed. This amounts to the LoJack paying for itself as long as you keep the car for a while. I THINK it was somewhere around $50 discount per 6 months. Which means if you keep the car for 5 years it'll pay for itself through insurance savings, because the LoJack was somewhere around $500.

And I'm sure there will be cases out there where a car is stolen with LoJack installed, and they never find it, but I bet you those are rare. I think it is a worthy investment. Many people spend big bucks for piece of mind! (alarms, which do absolutely nothing.)

Quick Reply: Is it worth getting LoJack?