Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

What's up

Old 03-10-2015, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up

What's up guys figured I'd introduce myself.

Never really was a car person my friends always tried to get me into it but when I saw the s2k something clicked and I haven't really done much besides look at it ever since. It might very well be my first step into an insanely expensive hobby but I'll never admit it to my friends. Planning on getting an s2k asap but I'm not entirely sure how long that's gonna take. Either way I've been lurking on this site for a while just researching and reading up on the car and figured I should probably say hi.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome
Old 03-10-2015, 04:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you get bit........

Since you admit to no being a car person, you may check your regional sub-forum for some local help in finding the right car. Many members would love nothing more than to help mentor an s2000 newbie.

Read as much as possible here, and be patient in finding the right car.

Good luck!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:14 AM

You need to decide on the :

a) Max amount of miles that you are looking for (advise here is to 'be brave' as we have many fine examples here going 300k+).
b) Hardtop or not? Bear in mind that HT offers you some kind of security as well when parked outside and not in the garage.
c) Stock or with mods? (strongly advised to go for stock unless it is a car sold here by a renowned member)
d) If you opt for a model before 2006 you are going for Drive by Wire which ppl are saying is more responsive than the electronic input; but you are missing on the VSA (Vehicle stability assist) which will/should keep the rear end in place)
e) Colour?

Also..
f) Be prepared to travel for the right model
g) Be patient! Took me 6 months to locate my ideal ride..
h) When you do find it, NEGOTIATE! No matter what s2000 is a discontinued model and although the prices are not dropping - to find a person who is genuinely interested in a minimum 6 year old car it is not exactly common. Put pressure on the dealer using the above excuse.

Best of luck!

Waiting for
Old 03-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with your search, if you are serious, you will find the one... just be patient...
Old 03-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Not sure "insanely" expensive is appropriate.

S2000 is one of the most inexpensive and gratifying ways to enjoy the sportscar hobby.

and - stock is the best way to go.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by not4s4l3
You need to decide on the :

a) Max amount of miles that you are looking for (advise here is to 'be brave' as we have many fine examples here going 300k+).
b) Hardtop or not? Bear in mind that HT offers you some kind of security as well when parked outside and not in the garage.
c) Stock or with mods? (strongly advised to go for stock unless it is a car sold here by a renowned member)
d) If you opt for a model before 2006 you are going for Drive by Wire which ppl are saying is more responsive than the electronic input; but you are missing on the VSA (Vehicle stability assist) which will/should keep the rear end in place)
e) Colour?

Also..
f) Be prepared to travel for the right model
g) Be patient! Took me 6 months to locate my ideal ride..
h) When you do find it, NEGOTIATE! No matter what s2000 is a discontinued model and although the prices are not dropping - to find a person who is genuinely interested in a minimum 6 year old car it is not exactly common. Put pressure on the dealer using the above excuse.

Best of luck!

Waiting for

Yup I definitely got a pretty good idea of what I want my s2k to be like. Some fleixibility with it of course doesn't have to be EXACT.

I'd prefer an s2k with low(er) miles around 50k-70k and ideally it'd be an 03. If I couldn't find one then like you said I'd go for anything 06 and newer.

Most definitely a hardtop.

I'd prefer a stock as I'd want to do all the modifications on the car myself.

Berlina Black or GPW. Not a huge fan of any of the other colors but I might be willing to settle for a suzuka blue.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by gerry100
Not sure "insanely" expensive is appropriate.

S2000 is one of the most inexpensive and gratifying ways to enjoy the sportscar hobby.

and - stock is the best way to go.

Yea I guess I should've said insanely expensive for me, personally. Being a college kid and what not with not such a high-paying job saving up money for other stuff gets kinda hard. But yea for sure gonna get stock or at least a car close enough to it so I can do all the modifications myself.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Once you get bit........

Since you admit to no being a car person, you may check your regional sub-forum for some local help in finding the right car. Many members would love nothing more than to help mentor an s2000 newbie.

Read as much as possible here, and be patient in finding the right car.

Good luck!

Thanks good to know!

Quick Reply: What's up