Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Trying to pick color...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Trying to pick color...

OK, I've been lurking around here for the better part of 10 days, but nothing regarding pros/cons on the color! Obviously, the color you have is the best one, but trying to decide between the following (ranked in order of preference):

* Rio Yellow Pearl
* Laguna Blue Pearl
* GP White
* Silverstone Metallic

I can't do red. It reminds me of taxis where I'm from. Black--too hard to care for. Not that dedicated.

Yellow--with metallic and pearl--looks like a killer combo. Soon-to-be wifey's concerned about my driving style (brick attached to right foot) and uh, rising insurance costs. Also, it doesn't quite look *right* at night.

Blue--new since 06MY as I understand. I haven't seen any, except for pictures here! Looks like the best compromise--understated, yet will catch your eye if you're a car enthusiast.

White--I like the white, especially at night. She thinks it's too boring, too much like an appliance. Sigh... she never did like my G35 Coupe in pearl white... I do like the fact I can get the red/black interior though.

Silverstone Metallic--I really don't mean to offend any one with a silverstone S2000, but they are *so* common. My previous vehicle was a very similar color--never did like it. The red/black availability is the only redeeming quality...

Sorry if this has been posted before (searched, no findey)--need help! Also, FWIW, will likely order the hard top as well.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Honestly, whats your favorite?

imo, Silver anything - too common.

GPW - with the black interior, looks too plain/stark, but if you'll have the HT on it a lot, it looks super clean, esp if you rremove the tape fron the windshield frame.

Blue - new color, not common, but darkest color - will show dirt easiest

Rio - screams look at me, pearl is nice too, can be a cop magnet, and taxi's in America are yellow (haha)
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM

I am also considering an AP2... I like the Red the most.

But since you disregarded red, I'd probably go with Laguna Blue, the dark blue looks great on just about anything, but I imagine it would be difficult to keep clean (like black).

I also like the White with Black & Tan interior. Girlfriend finds it to be "boring", I find it classy.

I like Yellow too, but the girlfriend calls it tacky. I have to agree, but it looks great.

Silver always looks good, but its a very common color and could be precieved as boring and unimaginative. Best part about Silver is that its nearly impossible to look dirty, so the car always looks clean.

Black is too hard to clean. My RX8 is black and it always looks so dirty. But when its clean, it look amazing. Catches alot of attention.

That said, imo, none of the colors look bad. I would happy with Silver AP2.

If I purchase an AP2 (used), I will go with the best combination of year, mileage, condition and price. Color will come into consideration after that.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Actaeon,May 2 2007, 06:43 PM
If I purchase an AP2 (used), I will go with the best combination of year, mileage, condition and price. Color will come into consideration after that.
pyrocpu, it sounds like color may not be quite as important to you. Perhaps you should think about pricing and what extras you can get; then see where you're at with the color choice (as Actaeon suggests). For me, I decided that I would pay a little extra, if necessary, just to get the color I wanted... because this is something I wanted to keep for a while and not have any regrets. Besh wishes on your search, whatever you choose, I'm confident you will find the right one for you
Old 05-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Yellow FTW!! nah j/k, I absolutly love the yellow on my 01, it is Spa instead of Rio, Reason I like it soo much is becuase MOST evryone else hates it. If you like the to be an attention grabber or want something that most ppl don't get I would stick with yellow, otherwise the white looks very clean and nice. But in the end its all about you, you will be the one driving it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Saki GT: Funny you were the first to post. The picture of your car in the sig is actually what made me like the white color!! How funny... even more ironic--I never thought about the cabs in NYC--they ARE yellow! But the Rio Yellow is what got my attention to begin with... I suppose I'm just really concerned about attention from cops. To be fair, I have a yellow Xterra right now and if anything, people tend to pull out in front of me!

Tym2FLY--unfortunately, color's not something on which I can settle. I made that mistake with my 350Z--I got it in that in the dark grey (Silverstone as well). So bland/common for the Z. I just don't want to regret not getting the color that's the most appealing to me. Another concern for me on the yellow are the haters out there--they see someone else's nice stuff and they mess with it.

What looks good at night? Is the blue really dark enough to be a PITA to keep clean like the black?

Thanks guys!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 PM

you should know what i pick....