Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Transfer- RSX-S to S2000

Old 02-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer- RSX-S to S2000

hey guys first post on the forums...

I currently drive an Acura RSX type S. I love the car to death but my lease is running out and im thinking about a new ride. So naturally... loving my honda product im looking at the S2000.

Not many bad things i really hear about it... but i do hear about how the driveability sucks. Now coming from an RSX Type S im used to the complete lack of torque downlow... but love the way it screams in vetch. Is the slight bit of torque that the S2000 delivers over the RSX type S (2004) noticable at all? I mean... the cars weight about the same but how do the engines compare downlow? Id like a bit more torque but its no big deal really if its just as bad cause Vtech makes up for it in my mind.

Also... one thing i hate on my RSX type S is the huge turning circle.... im wondering how good/bad the turning radius is on S2000.

Lastly... how bad is road noise? Ive never owned a convertible before. Any other problems with the top?

How does the 6 speed compare with the one in the RSX Type S?

Obviously only people that have really driven both can comment but im guessing im not the only cross shoper between the two cars...

Thanks... appreciate the feedback and sorry if this is searchable... it didnt really turn up what i was looking for.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM

go test drive one? haha
Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Ya well unfortunately im at college and the honda dealer is pretty far away and i dont have my car with me.... this is more like future planning/evaluation lol...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think of it this way:

the S2000 is everything the RSX wants to be when it grows up.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:42 PM

the torque is something different i think, my buddy has a Type S and i drove his and he drove my S2000, and the cars are completly diffent like night and day, i think that youll like the S2000 if you get one, throttle responce is better IMO
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by joosyjoos,Feb 28 2007, 10:27 PM
Also... one thing i hate on my RSX type S is the huge turning circle.... im wondering how good/bad the turning radius is on S2000.
On the s2k, this can be easily be fixed with a quick stab at the gas pedal.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:14 AM

i went from an 05 rsx type s to an 06 s2ki. all i can say is the s2k has a lot more power and very fun to drive. i luv driving it around. the only thing is the s2k isn't very good for long trips. after an hour or so, it becomes uncomfortable. the rsx type s is very comfortable and more practical.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 AM

Plus the s2000 has vtec unlike the rsx which has vtech i guess..
Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 AM

k motor is soo sweet

yeah it gets really uncomfy inside. road noise is bad since the rag top but complete with a oem hardtop will be nice

turning radius i think is great.

better all around except practicality for sure
but on dead end roads ive done 2 people passenger many times

i hate doing it though
Old 03-01-2007, 01:48 AM

i've had my s2k for over a month as a daily driver and it's great. while i'd like to have a hardtop to reduce some of the wind noise, I like driving with the top down as well so I'm still deciding Blind spots with the top up kinda sucks.

as for rain, it's not too bad as long as you don't drive it like a FWD. Just gotta drive very defensively.

The only downside is that I always have to ask my gf to bring her car if I have to pick up a box or drop off a big package to the UPS store. As donger said, it's not exactly practical (i get gas every 5-6 days) even when I drive very conservatively- shifting every 3k; but when I drive like it's meant to be driven it always puts a smile on my face.

If you have the S2k as a daily driver, being in another car makes you feel like you're in a bus or a boat- you're that disconnected.

Quick Reply: Transfer- RSX-S to S2000