Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Scratch one GPW!

Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch one GPW!

Been searching on countless forums for almost a year and found this pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. When searching for an s2k, I knew that I wouldn't be satisfied with a color combo other than the GPW w/ red/back interior. I paid a bit of a premium but 28,XXX miles for a 2001 , it's a given.

I'm from Dallas and flew to Colorado with my Brother to find this gem.

</a>

"Hi, Enterprise? GIMMIE A CAR OTHER THAN A COBALT OR PT CRUISER PLZKTHX." GOD I have a lot of hair.

Slightly disgusted thumbs up? Don't know why I gave this a thumbs up to be honest. Maybe because I was expecting a Kia lol.

There she is (just woken up from a car cover)!

Single, non-smoking, enthusiast parting from his S2k

Getting her ready for the 14 hour drive back:

AYYYYYYYY

BUGS!! OMNOMNOMNOM!

Her new home!

Now go back to sleep!

Inspectionz

First photoshoot. Kinda. Not really though.

Cars and Coffee Dallas from this morning
<a href='http://www.flickr.com/photos/sotheasun/5044780926/' target='_blank'>

I hope to track it someday but for now, I'm going to take it easy for a little while. I'm sure you all already know this, but this car is amazing. I feel very fortunate to own a proper roadster that Honda will probably never ever make again.

Thanks for looking!

p.s. anyone wanna donate a HT?!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats dude,
really clean
Old 10-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That's the proper way to get started!

Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats..definitely a great find..14 hr drive back..now thats determination. have fun
Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM

Looks beautiful I just got mine and I know how you feel man, the S2K is simply awesome.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Congrats on the nice find.
Levi
Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Excellent looking car, now come on over to the North Texas forum and introduce yourself!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:22 AM

mine was a similar story it was a 6 hour drive nd we drove there to pick up the car ....found mine as a 2001 with 16k miles now im up to 20,500.....how much when u say premium did u pay....i got mine for 12,500
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn,you already removed the front license plate bracket and installed color keyed inserts before leaving? Anyhoo,nice ride.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys! I really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by blobianco,Oct 3 2010, 07:22 AM
mine was a similar story it was a 6 hour drive nd we drove there to pick up the car ....found mine as a 2001 with 16k miles now im up to 20,500.....how much when u say premium did u pay....i got mine for 12,500
Waaa that's a really good deal!

I got her for $16k.

I already knew that I would pay a bit more not only for the miles, but for the color combo. Call me picky, but I knew that I wouldn't be satisfied any other color (maybe besides a Rio or a Spa Yellow). I know that color is VERY subjective for each person but with that in mind, the GPW with red and black interior just sets it off for me!

Also, I wanted all the body accessories from Honda. Actually, he basically got all the options from Honda apart from the cargo net and the Titanium shift knob. Honda Immobilizer, Wind screen, aluminum pedals, locking lugs, car cover, and the top cover.

He would only drive it for the summer and basically locks it up in the garage with the car cover for the rest of the year. He's a non-smoker, has never seen snow and very little rain, nor has it ever been tracked or modded. It's a pure S2000 as Honda intended it to be.

For being only one owner who maliciously takes good care of it, I couldn't let this deal pass up. I wouldn't.

Originally Posted by Robert O,Oct 3 2010, 08:12 AM
Damn,you already removed the front license plate bracket and installed color keyed inserts before leaving? Anyhoo,nice ride.
Haha yeah, he surprised me when busted out with GPW licence plate plugs! He was taking off his plates and even cleaned it off for me. He showed me how to put the bracket back up there for whenever I get my plates, but I don't think I am. It just totally kills the lines!

Quick Reply: Scratch one GPW!