Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Prospective owner seeks buying advice

Old 11-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphaquail
Originally Posted by Trikz' timestamp='1415095537' post='23392932
Hey, Do you live around the Leeds area then? I'm looking for one as well, have been for 3 months specifically a new forumla red one with VSA under 10k but has been proven to be basically impossible! And if i do find it then its already too late and it's been bought

We just have to persevere it will come to us soon! (hopefully lol)

I was looking at the RX8 R3 too, but the god awful MPG and the engine problems were enough to put me off, like anything if it was maintained well and checked up on it would probably be fine though but for me the MPG was just too bad. S2000 is a fair bit better from what i've seen.
Yeh from near leeds, Castleford to be exact. I test drove a berlina black 06 car last month. In Seacroft. was a good car but if I'm honest I was hoping to talk the guy down more on meeting him and he didn't budge much from 9k which to be honest was a fair price considering the market.

I need to sit and wait and get the bank roll together. A guy from the US a few posts down from yours says I'm expecting too much for my budget and despite living across the pond it would seem the market is the same there too, so i'd have to agree with him
Ahh cool, I go to Castleford pretty much once a week for the cinema/snowboarding. I live in Harrogate so only 30 mins away, should meet up once we both eventually get an S2K (whenever that will be).

The thing i've come to realise with these cars is save your money, have your money ready to go and check every single day and call up the dealer INSTANTLY when you find one you like, I found one before and waited 1 day before deciding to call then i checked the advert again and it was sold

Really gotta be persistant with this car and be prepared to travel to get it because they are rare cars and if theres a specific set of requirements you have for your car (mileage/age/geo)etc it makes it that much more difficult to find which is exactly what im experience right now and its so aggrovating!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:11 AM

Yeh, I might even pop along to a club meet too if I manage to build the bank roll ready for that cold day in January and I see the car I want hahah... Yeh I'm on Autotrader daily, our lass goes mad.. haha
Old 12-29-2014, 07:43 AM

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop back online after having bought a '05 Suzuka Blue with 67k on the clock. Very pleased with it, pictures to follow. Might need some advice on leather seat polish and convertible roof care. There's a couple of scuffs on that deep blue leather interior I need to fetch up and I want to stay on top of the roof mechanics.

Thanks again for your advice above. I absolutely f***ing love it!

cheers

lee
Old 12-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase!

Can't wait for pics
Old 12-29-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Congratulations on the purchase!

Can't wait for pics
Here it is... bodywork is in pretty good shape for the age too. Not everyone likes Nurburgring blue mind