Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

not sure if i should get a s2k

Old 11-01-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunno why your tc insurance was so much, but my S insurance is around 120 full coverage/month, probably because your tc is 6 yrs newer

But i've got another yes vote for you, the s2k will never let you down as long as you take care of her!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree'd. Also if you do get the s2k, check your oil level every time you fill up with gas, or at least every other week. AP1's burn quite a bit of oil. I had to replace my entire shortblock because of the previous owner obviously never checked it.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do it I used to have a tC and just picked up a ap2 a few months ago absolutely love it.
I used to own a 07 tc (long story short wasn't the car I wanted in the first place so I was never satisfied owning it.) I had 2 gsr before the tc and wanted a rsx-s instead of tc. I simply couldn't find one in my area and couldn't afford it.

Get the s2k you won't regret it fun and nimble car to drive. Don't think I'll ever get rid of it.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM

My tc insurance was higher than my S insurance. I believe that's due to the rates on the scion. It's buyers are usually young inexperienced drivers and always use to see post on scionlife of ppl wrecking and totalling them. I remember seeing a photo of a tc that flipped over @ a s2k meet somewhere. (my guess he was trying to show off in a tc.) lol it was a funny photo.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 PM

alright thanks for the heads up suzuka. y do they burn oil so badly? also, what other things should i check out when or if i finally get to see this S? i mean are there any places in particular i should check besides like the obvious major areas like engine cavity and inter/exterior condition?

that is a good point tyson. the people who own tC's seem to be younger and more inexperienced then S owners so ur probably right. S owners are more careful and more mature.

i just REALLY hope this Tony chick that is selling the car wants to trade because i love the S and wanted it in the first place instead of the tC that i got. now its just a waiting game and hoping she wants to meet
Old 11-01-2010, 11:27 PM

hope you can get the S.

Is the S stock?
Does she like your car the way it is or is it back to stock?
But don't rush it be patient when it come to car buying.
Anyways wish you the best in your search for a S.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 AM

i sold my 06 tc this past summer and i miss it but if i had to choose between the two id get the s2000 (like i did)

Only thing i wouldnt do is get the one you showed there, i think it would be better for you to get a ap2 instead of a 00' ap1
Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=FuGativ3,Oct 29 2010, 01:10 PM]hey guys. real name is spencer and just wanted to get ur advice on whether it would be worth it to trade my 2006 scion tC
Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 AM

lots of people spotted that car on PAC NW forum. I think some of them actually saw the owner in person. I'd post there and see if anyone knows more info on the car.

Also, tc to s2k is definite as long as the car checks out fine.

- Sung
Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 AM

check out the link that i posted in the original message. its a link to her craigslist post and it lists everything she has done to it.

i plan to do some test drives, hopefully before i go to see that particular S. my uncle should be fine with me test driving his...hopefully lol.

yeah i would get the ap2 also but those are all another 5 or 6 grand then this one is and i don't have that kind of cash lol. not many 20yr old college students do

Quick Reply: not sure if i should get a s2k