Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

not sure if i should get a s2k

Old 10-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not sure if i should get a s2k

hey guys. real name is spencer and just wanted to get ur advice on whether it would be worth it to trade my 2006 scion tC for this '00 s2k ap1. the reason i ask this is I'm worried about how much of a leak problem the rag top will be. Seeing how i live in Western Washington and it rains ALOT, the leaky problem of that rag top will come to be a pain in the butt.

my tC looks like this:

what do you think?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I would take an S2000 over a TC in a heartbeat lol. Top shouldn't leak unless it is really worn out.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:52 AM

Get a hardtop or a fresh new top. Problem solved. I used to like the tc but after a second glance it reminds me of a cobalt from afar. Take the s. You won't regret it.

Btw you know this is an s2000 site right? I think you're a little weighted towards keeping your scion and need a reason to Justify the s.

Advise. Research first. The s is fun but it's not a daily driver. All depends what you're looking for.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:11 AM

apples to oranges, an TCs are girls cars.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FormulaStwoK,Oct 30 2010, 11:11 AM
apples to oranges, an TCs are girls cars.
My sister drives one!

My old soft top was in terrible condition (looks wise) but never leaked. If that's the only thing stopping you from getting an S, then get a HT or just replace it with a robbins top. Problem solved.

A S2000 is a pretty big step up from tC. You'll love it.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:19 PM

yeah i talked to my uncle who has an s2k with the soft top and he says it doesn't leak. i like that spoon hard top but that thing is 4 grand and getting a hard top off the honda website is much to expensive. I'm thinking if i do end up doing the trade that ill just stay with the soft top.

yeah i realize this is a s2k website I kinda figured what you guys would say but i was mostly just curious about the leak problem. i just hope she wants to meet because like it's stated in the craigslist ad, she is "Testing the waters". I sent her a bunch of pictures of the inside and out and she said she liked it but she replied with " I have to brows for other offer, ill let you know when i decide". kinda sounds like she is trying to dump me or something lol.

overall i love the s2k she is trying to sell and would trade my tC for it in an instant if everything checks out after i do a vin# and license check (i have cop friends who can do it for me). I will definitely post pictures if i get it

ps: was it hard for any of you to get used to the power? I learned a little bit when i was younger on how to drive a clutch but never actually drove a manual daily. do you think it will be hard to go from a 160hp auto tC to a 240hp 6spd AP1?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:38 PM

lol not hard, you can't just be an idiot and race everywhere. If you don't know how to drive it an stuff you can put it in a wall
Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 AM

I disagree with a previous post - the S is a terrific DD, it's so fun to drive, it's the only thing that gets me up and going in the morning, my boring job certainly doesn't. Of course, I drive against the traffic, so I don't have much stop-and-go driving.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive mine everyday all year long.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM

ok well that's really reassuring that it can be a daily driver because that is what i would use it for.
I went and got a quote from my insurance agent at State Farm today and for a 20 year old with an accident on his record it would cost $145/ month for me to own a '00 s2000 . That would make it cost less than my salvaged title 2006 automatic tC. how the heck does that work?

Quick Reply: not sure if i should get a s2k