Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New UK Owner

Old 03-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New UK Owner

Hi all,

I'm Chris and live just north of London in the UK and after a rather varied driving history I have finally joined you merry people and am the proud owner of an AP1! I would just like to say at this point (And this will hopefully earn a few bonus points with you all)The S2k is by far my favourite car thus far!

I started many many years ago with a
non-vtec '94 Prelude which was brilliant
Concept colour golf GTI
Classic Impreza Wagon - 287BHP
Mk4 Supra TT - 402BHP
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...n/DSC00044.jpg (Next to my best friends race prepped CRX - for you VTEC lovers!)
Skyline R33 GTST - 331BHP
Scooby Classic STI - 327BHP

And finally we reach the climax...My S2000
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMAG0003.jpg (with front lip but I have added this since buying it)

And today
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...IMAG0017-1.jpg (With wheels - which have been a dream of mine to own since I used to play Gran Turismo and watch the fast and the furious lol)

Completely stock to start, I bought her in February of this year (1st pic) - I picked her up fairly cheap as the car had been sat for a while in a storage area, had done 98k miles but with FSH....the soft top was mouldy and falling apart, there was rust around the rear wheel arch and door and the TCT was rattling away...I could work with that!

I never wanted a perfect car that I wouldnt be able to work on - so this ticked all the boxes.

Plans, well there isn't much to be done on these cars
As you can the front splitter is on
The Wheels are on
The rust over the wheel arch has been sorted out
Decat is on order
TCT replaced
15 Inch Sub in the boot (Tool kit removed)
6x9 speakers behind the headrest
OE door speakers....disconnected lol

I want to get a Hardtop
Replace the door with rust (rather than repair it)
Fully adjustable suspension
Big Front Brakes
General tidy, repaint of engine bay parts which is part underway already

With the cars being so well engineered I thought after my turbo experiences that I would concentrate on the aesthetics of the car....(all of my previous attempts have all been aimed more so at the engine - with the Supra as an exception, that got a full engine replacement and needed a full back to metal respray which I did myself - I bought it with most of the original red - sprayed over with Matt black!)

So - subtle, simple, clean and tidy is where I am going with this one...I did think about s/charging it or a turbo kit but I'm really happy with how quick the car is already and this was only bolstered by a drag race with a newage WRX which changed gear from 2nd to 3rd just as I was nearing the Vtec, as he lost speed through his gear change I flew into the Vtec and about 2 seconds later the WRX was a dot in my mirror.....who needs a turbo!!!? hehehehe

Hello to you all!!!
Chris
Old 03-23-2012, 06:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is how all introductions threads should start!! Nice write up and welcome to S2ki, what sucks its that I'm on my cell phone and if I click your photobucket to look at the pictures 'i will lag too much.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha thanks buddy - You see...lag annoys everyone in all guises! They should have a "V-Tec Photobucket" - that would allow for a much more linear opening of applications lol
Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha yeah, but I think its just my shitty phone