Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New S2000 Owner

Old 06-09-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S2000 Owner

everyone on this site seems to be middle aged men. hah... that's the conclusion i've drawn from my very limited experience with the s2ki.com forums. but i guess that makes sense cause usually when i see another s2k on the road a middle age man is driving it.

anywho, i'm crystal, i'm from eugene, oregon. i'm 19 years old and i just got my 2002 formula red s2000 a couple weeks ago. before that i had a '97 integra gs-r that i owned for 3 years. it had the usual bolt-ons, wheels, lowered, etc. that you would expect. i grew out of the whole "tuner" thing... having pimple-face guys in broke-ass civics revving at you at every stoplight gets pretty old after awhile. it was like they expected me to acknowledge them just because we both had 4-bangers with exhaust...

i currently work in the advertising dept. at the local newspaper. mostly i do real estate ads. it's a good job, especially for a girl my age. (most 19 yr. old girls work at tanning salons or coffee stands it seems like....) i was poised for a promotion a month or so back and i told myself the first thing i would do if i got the promotion was buy an s2000. i wanted something more refined/mature but still fun. and i've always LOVED convertibles, so an s2000 seemed like the natural choice. i was also shopping for bmw 3-series convertibles but didn't find anything i really liked. so that's that...

so far i LOVE the car... i LOVE the HIDs, rear wheel drive kicks ass. i've never really driven a rwd car before. me and my friend went out on an empty road. i revved it up to about 5-6k rpm's, dropped the clutch and instead of getting crazy stupid wheel hop like i would have with my integra, my back end just started sliding around. haha... it was the coolest thing ever. i'm sold on rwd. you guys probably think i'm silly cause you're just used to it.

the only picture i have right now is this...

i'm obviously on the right... the one on the left is my friend toby's s/c s2k.

it has 42k miles and the vehicle history report says it's had 1 owner but it was a repo. hopefully that won't be a problem. have any of your guys had experience with repo'd cars? i hear they're bad news because they get neglected/abused before they get repo'd.

i put a stereo in it and now i just want to lower it and put wheels on it. and THAT'S IT. i'm going to leave it stock. i want to get staggered 18's... something black with a polished lip. you guys have any suggestions?

anyway, sorry, i talk a lot. here's My Myspace not that anyone cares, but it's always good to put faces to screen names.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Hah, most of the people I see driving S's are old women. Welcome to the forum. Eugene is beautiful (when its sunny) - search out the local forums for people, meets, and other events, and save up for winter tires if this is your only car.

Actually, if you're going to get new rims, keep the stock rims and put winter rubber on them. Don't drop the clutch under 6k, and don't rev over 5k in the rain, and you'll be okay.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

First thing you HAVE to do is..
change "Enthousiast" into "Owner" in your profile.

Have FUN driving your S2000

Old 06-09-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

lucky you, get it 20 years before I do.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jun 9 2006, 11:17 AM
everyone on this site seems to be middle aged men. hah... that's the conclusion i've drawn from my very limited experience with the s2ki.com forums. but i guess that makes sense cause usually when i see another s2k on the road a middle age man is driving it.

anywho, i'm crystal, i'm from eugene, oregon. i'm 19 years old and i just got my 2002 formula red s2000 a couple weeks ago. before that i had a '97 integra gs-r that i owned for 3 years. it had the usual bolt-ons, wheels, lowered, etc. that you would expect. i grew out of the whole "tuner" thing... having pimple-face guys in broke-ass civics revving at you at every stoplight gets pretty old after awhile. it was like they expected me to acknowledge them just because we both had 4-bangers with exhaust...

i currently work in the advertising dept. at the local newspaper. mostly i do real estate ads. it's a good job, especially for a girl my age. (most 19 yr. old girls work at tanning salons or coffee stands it seems like....) i was poised for a promotion a month or so back and i told myself the first thing i would do if i got the promotion was buy an s2000. i wanted something more refined/mature but still fun. and i've always LOVED convertibles, so an s2000 seemed like the natural choice. i was also shopping for bmw 3-series convertibles but didn't find anything i really liked. so that's that...

so far i LOVE the car... i LOVE the HIDs, rear wheel drive kicks ass. i've never really driven a rwd car before. me and my friend went out on an empty road. i revved it up to about 5-6k rpm's, dropped the clutch and instead of getting crazy stupid wheel hop like i would have with my integra, my back end just started sliding around. haha... it was the coolest thing ever. i'm sold on rwd. you guys probably think i'm silly cause you're just used to it.

the only picture i have right now is this...

i'm obviously on the right... the one on the left is my friend toby's s/c s2k.

it has 42k miles and the vehicle history report says it's had 1 owner but it was a repo. hopefully that won't be a problem. have any of your guys had experience with repo'd cars? i hear they're bad news because they get neglected/abused before they get repo'd.

i put a stereo in it and now i just want to lower it and put wheels on it. and THAT'S IT. i'm going to leave it stock. i want to get staggered 18's... something black with a polished lip. you guys have any suggestions?

anyway, sorry, i talk a lot. here's My Myspace not that anyone cares, but it's always good to put faces to screen names.
Congrats on your new S2k
Old 06-09-2006, 05:36 PM

For some reason the left S2k looked like a MK4 Supra for a split second

Nevertheless, congrats on your purchase!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:39 PM

gratz on your new s2k, don't forget to get your fluid changed, i just recently got my 01 with 11k miles and looking to change out my fluids, even tho its doesn't have miles still means that it can be stale fluids, well i use to sell used cars and with repo cars, u should really have them checked out, i seen that people try to dog the crap out of their car or do some sort of body damage before the banks repo it. well good luck with your new ride!
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by SpitfireS,Jun 9 2006, 04:24 PM
First thing you HAVE to do is..
change "Enthousiast" into "Owner" in your profile.

Have FUN driving your S2000

First thing to do is to become a MEMBER.

Nice S2K.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:09 PM

welcome to the board!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to s2ki.com, Crystal. Best wishes with the S, and make sure to keep a close eye on the oil. Also, depending on what part of 2002 your car was built, it should have new spark plugs from the spark plug recall of later that year. Make sure it does (and that they're properly torqued to 18 lb-ft).

Best wishes.

Quick Reply: New S2000 Owner