Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New Owner

Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
RUW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner

Took delivery of a red S2000 Monday, July 10th. Terrific car! I first drove one the first year they came out and thought it handled like a go-kart, very stiff chassis, but a little weak on the low end. Overall very appealing.
Last fall I drove a new Corvette then went to the Honda dealer and drove the S2000. The Corvette is gorgeous, loads of torque, accelerates like mad, generates serious lateral grip, frankly, I was smitten.
I then went to the Honda store and drove the S2000. Holy cow, what a blast, I couldn't stop grinning! I've been mulling over the idea of the S2000 since then, the plan was to wait a year or two before purchasing a sports car, but plans change and a car was needed now. At the moment, I wasn't prepared financially for the nearly $50k of a Corvette, and honestly, the S2000's size and verve were even more appealing.
Though I love red cars, from the photo's I wasn't sure if I liked the S2000 in red, on Saturday, my wife and I walked into the local Honda dealer and there was a red S2000 sitting on the floor. We were knocked out by the red car in the flesh, it's stunning. After taking the car on a thorough test drive, we left to consider our options, only to return Monday, pick up the car and drive it home.
The last couple days have been the beginning of a love affair, this car is just about perfect, it's quick, handles like crazy, is beautifully finished and the top peels back, what more could I ask for? I can't keep my youngest son out of it and my wife wants her turn, I'm just glad to have work so I can drive it. Tuesday, I called a neighbor who drives an SLK, and picked him up for lunch, his reaction was classic, he grinned the whole time he was driving it, insisted on showing it to his wife and kept assuring me I had made the right choice. Very fun.
A long post to say hello. I've been navigating around this site for the last couple days and it looks and feels great. I look forward to the weeks and months ahead of learning more about the car, both here and on the road (but especially on the road).
Regards to all,
RUW