Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New here....good to see so many other S2K owners

Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here....good to see so many other S2K owners

Wanted to stop and introduce myself. I purchased my S last year. Owned Mustangs most of my life. The cost of gas was getting out of control. My previous Mustang had a Kenne Bell Supercaharger installed. 450 RWHP and 410 tourque. I admit I do miss that ridiculously mean sound, but have been extremely happy with my choice of my S2K. The low end tourque is a little lacking, but hopefully with the help of some here I can get that corrected. Eventually would like to contribute, but this car is a lo different than a Mustang. Always compared my Mustang as a linebacker and my S2K as a corenerback The corenering is ridiculous with this car. With the Mustang it was power, power, power. The S has me looking to put money into the suspension. Think this car has a ton of potential and is a blast to drive. Would like to meet other S2K owners in the Pittsburgh area or find a club if possible.
Anyways, my name is Brandon. I live near Pittsburgh, Pa. Good to meet you all. I have a feeling I'll be on here a ton.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

brandon
wow thats a big change in car.
one question what made you go S?
not that there is nothing wrong with it just asking.
any photos of the S
Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome.....
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kid Ap2000
brandon
wow thats a big change in car.
one question what made you go S?
not that there is nothing wrong with it just asking.
any photos of the S
I'll get some up soon. I had an issue with my car swaying. Looks like a tie rod end was broke. Getting it fixed tomorrow
Honestly, I was looking at Mustangs and decided I was getting tired of 8 MPG. My commute to work is 25 miles. I owned a 2007 SI and fell in love with the Vtec. Never saw an S until one smoked me on the highway. At that point I regretted the SI and wish I'd have bought one of these. I'm the type of person that usually keeps a car for a year or so at a time, but this time I found a keeper. I'm really learning that this car is WAY different then my Mustang. Have a local shop that is very good with Hondas, RX7's, etc...My link This car WILL have a turbo on it eventually. My inspection is due next month. Was thinking about an exhaust, but after seeing the minimal HP gains on afermarket exhausts, I decided to go with a set of Tein Coil overs first. This car is like a ballerina on the road. I'm going all suspension until I have the cash saved for the whole turbo job. This forum is awesome and will be one of my future favorite places to visit. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute soon. Will post pics, but my car is boring stock silver that everyone has...for now