Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Mitsu fan buying my first S

Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitsu fan buying my first S

So first off, this purchase better be worth all of the trouble/bad luck I've had. I sold my Evo and only sold it to pick up a certain S2k. I was paying cash and tired of buying cars that I was settling for (color wise) so I wanted a specific one. Well the guy knew this because I touched base everyday to make sure. So I go ahead and sell the Evo, then get a call the next day that the S had been backed into and totalled in a parking lot. I asked for a pic because I was curious of the damage and he said it was too dark. Now why on earth would you park a car that wasn't sufficiently lit. He didn't live where he was, just out of town on work, so he claimed he had nowhere to park it. He never sent me a pic like I asked so I just assumed he ****ed my face on the deal.
The next car I was looking at the guy said he would get me a few more pics that night. He later texts and said I think you're bad luck man. His internet wasn't working so he was going to someone else's house to send the pics. As he walked outside his car was gone. Either the e-brake didn't engage or failed and his car rolled down his driveway into the woods. I guess that's my bad for bringing my curse to the guy lol.
The 3rd car was the exact color combo I wanted but was going to end up needing a new motor, but it was CHEAAAAP! It got sold the day before I could fly out and pick it up.
I finalllly have a car I'm flying out to pick up tomorrow. It's an 02 white w/full red interior. Barring the TSA gangbangs me or my plane decides to crash and burn, I'll finally have it tomorrow morning.

I come from the Mitsubishi world, and have owned 7 awd turbo Mitsus (5 dsm's, 3kgt vr4 and the Evo) consecutively for the past 8 years. Although that streak ended last week, I picked up a full Evo4 drivetrain that's sitting in my garage right now. So if I get the awd itch again, I'll do a mirage/evo conversion.
I just decided I wanted a change from the hell that I've endured the past 8 years lol. I wanted something lightweight and rwd. I had plans to eventually swap a lsx in one, but now I'm starting to reconsider. I guess I'll just see how things go after I'm driving it on a daily basis. I just hope I don't catch a case of claustrophobia being 6'3" trying to daily an S. Let's hope all of this bad luck isn't an omen of things to come. Lastly, I can't believe I bought a Honda , but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:53 PM

I'm also 6'3" and fit fine. There's isn't a lot of extra space, my seat's all the way back. Test drive one to see how you fit in it.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM

I've driven a couple before, but not long distances/every day. I guess I'll find out on the 9 hour drive back home, but I'm sure I can handle it.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alex S2000,Nov 22 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm also 6'3" and fit fine. There's isn't a lot of extra space, my seat's all the way back. Test drive one to see how you fit in it.
+1 you'll fit just fine.

You shouldn't be joking about the plane with all the bAd luck youve had. Crazy story man, best of luck to you with the s.

Btw I come from Mitsu too. An '89 station ESIR to be specific. And technically I've had about five other cars in between.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:26 AM

So the TSA didn't cornhole me and obviously my plane made it fine. I picked the car up in Dallas and made the trek back to Alabama. The car is stock other than some F1spec carbon/kevlar seats. When I first sat in it I was thinking "Oh hell this isn't going to be fun", but they were actually pretty good... for the first 6 hours. The last 4 I was constantly shifting and moving to try to get my back to stop aching.
I made the entire trip with the top down and I love it lol. I guess it makes sense considering I'm the type that rarely runs AC and usually have the windows down, but I didn't realize I would enjoy it that much.
I haven't pushed it hard (needs new tires and trying to get aquainted with it's tendencies) but I can already tell I'm going to have more fun with this than the Evo.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glade you enjoyed your new S
Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 PM

Well its so nice to know that you are planning to get a S.enjoy the car.