Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

missed the perfect s2k buy

Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanK325,Nov 19 2009, 11:38 PM
sarcasm?

well, i'm going to be looking at an S this weekend. we'll see how it goes. this one is turbo'd. does anyone have more advice on a car with a turbo? just looking for some advice from experience. good and bad.
no sarcasm intended!
seriously---welcome!!

one bit of advice is to take the time to find the right car and then when you do, jump on it
I've not had a turbo S2K but I'm not sure I'd recommend one for a "first" S2K--the car has some (very neutral) driving characteristics unlike nearly every other car on the road and even with the normal 205--210 HP at the rear wheels it's a very quick and fast car (0-60 under 5.5 seconds)and adding 150+ HP on top of that from a turbo can make the car a real handful to drive on all but dry, gravel free roads.
there's lots of info on turbos in the "forced induction" section of this forum--maybe ask those guys about it--they're the experts and can tell you what to look for
Old 11-19-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetboater,Nov 19 2009, 10:16 PM
no sarcasm intended!
seriously---welcome!!

one bit of advice is to take the time to find the right car and then when you do, jump on it
I've not had a turbo S2K but I'm not sure I'd recommend one for a "first" S2K--the car has some (very neutral) driving characteristics unlike nearly every other car on the road and even with the normal 205--210 HP at the rear wheels it's a very quick and fast car (0-60 under 5.5 seconds)and adding 150+ HP on top of that from a turbo can make the car a real handful to drive on all but dry, gravel free roads.
well thanks

this one actually has a small turbo. it ONLY makes 285 at the wheel. lol. nevertheless, i see your point.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

took me a year and a half to find mine
Old 11-19-2009, 10:24 PM

well ever since my car was totaled, while parked, i feel pressured into buying something quick. not to say i'll buy anything that comes along, but i just want it to happen soon. it's getting real expensive filling up my F250 with diesel twice a week.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:46 PM

thats to bad, youll find another one soon.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanK325,Nov 19 2009, 11:59 AM
maybe it's because i'm new to the car game, but i don't feel completely comfortable in traveling unless i had some honest help.
I'd recommend using an inspection service if you're considering the travel route. It's precisely what I did when I purchased mine.

Originally Posted by SeanK325,Nov 19 2009, 08:03 PM
and the undeserving prick was sarcasm. i'm happy for whoever bought the car.

why's everyone mad at me, damn?
Keep in mind that tone doesn't carry across the internet very well even if you're very explicit about your intent. Your OP out of context comes across as immature and full of self-entitlement even though you stated that you had other issues in your life nad that you were being sarcastic about the other buyer later in the thread. You might want to consider that before making posts in the future. At the very least indicate your intent with the supplied smilies or something.

As for the budget stuff -- if you don't want to discuss it then don't bring it up. People, including me, find it unlikely that anyone can afford maintenance on an S (not to mention a Porsche) if $500 is a make-or-break issue with the purchasing budget. If you spend any amount of time on any S discussion you'll realize that there are plenty of newbies who don't realize the increased cost of insurance, maintenance, etc. Your OP looks just like every other post from a newbie who hasn't done his/her homework. You didn't state that your financial situation was otherwise in your OP. We're not psychic. Post like yours will produce responses about budget concerns.

Be patient. There are other good cars out there. I found mine pretty quickly but had to travel 1,000 miles (each way) to get the color, condition, mileage and price that I specifically wanted.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:47 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Sean, no one is mad from my perspective of reading...just tossing out opinions and trying to understand your situation.

This is a warm welcoming community and a strong union of brothers/sisters. We celebrate the existence of the S2k and hope you get to join us soon in ownership.

good luck in your search...
Old 11-20-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by 01spas2000,Nov 19 2009, 07:41 AM
The same thing happened to me i wanted a gpw so bad. It was the first one i test drove as well but i found out that the car had a lien on it. Long story short i ended up getting a spa yellow and love it but i still feel empty. I say keep looking for the right s
Same exact thing happened to me. I wanted a GPW but long story short, I now own a Silverstone. I don't regret my purchase, but there's times when I feel I should have waited it out....then I hop into the Silverstone picture thread and I feel MUCH better.

Any S is beautiful in my book, no matter the color. In the end, they're all the same stree-legal, drop top, go kart that we all love...
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 AM

How old are you?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by takeshi,Nov 20 2009, 05:42 AM
I'd recommend using an inspection service if you're considering the travel route. It's precisely what I did when I purchased mine.

Keep in mind that tone doesn't carry across the internet very well even if you're very explicit about your intent. Your OP out of context comes across as immature and full of self-entitlement even though you stated that you had other issues in your life nad that you were being sarcastic about the other buyer later in the thread. You might want to consider that before making posts in the future. At the very least indicate your intent with the supplied smilies or something.

As for the budget stuff -- if you don't want to discuss it then don't bring it up. People, including me, find it unlikely that anyone can afford maintenance on an S (not to mention a Porsche) if $500 is a make-or-break issue with the purchasing budget. If you spend any amount of time on any S discussion you'll realize that there are plenty of newbies who don't realize the increased cost of insurance, maintenance, etc. Your OP looks just like every other post from a newbie who hasn't done his/her homework. You didn't state that your financial situation was otherwise in your OP. We're not psychic. Post like yours will produce responses about budget concerns.

Be patient. There are other good cars out there. I found mine pretty quickly but had to travel 1,000 miles (each way) to get the color, condition, mileage and price that I specifically wanted.
yeah i realized how i came off in the beginning. it was my fault. i don't hate anyone for buying an S before me. like i said, a porsche is my dream car but i wasn't planning on buying it anytime soon. i didn't know it would have been taken so seriously! lol its all good.

i've done my homework. i've done a lot of homework. i know what it costs to maintain it. it's not about the 500 bucks as make-or-brake, but it was just out of my budget at that very moment, and i happened to be too late. no big deal. i didn't think talking about my financial background was so important. lol...

In any case, I appreciate all the feedback, good or bad. I'm not a kid, and I feel like an idiot for coming off as one, but I was just too upset that I missed out on that gpw.

Did you guys find that there are any common problems that arise when buying out of state?

Quick Reply: missed the perfect s2k buy