Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

missed the perfect s2k buy

Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missed the perfect s2k buy

so i've been looking for an s2000 for a bit more than 2 months now. i've seen the best and the worst. i found an 03 gpw/tan with a one lady owner. had all the records, etc. etc. the car was listed for 14. with some talking, her husband said the lowest they'll go is 13,000. i was ecstatic, but was short 500 bucks. my dream car sold yesterday for 13,000 to some undeserving prick.

this year has been the toughest on my life. my grandma has been in and out of the hospital. school has been a disappointment because i feel like i'll never graduate. my daily driver, a 1997 Geo Prizm, was totaled while parked (other party's insurance paid for it), and just general family issues. This S2000 was the one thing i was looking forward to and I missed out on it by a measly 500 dollars.

Earlier, I decided that since i'm putting up so much money, i'm getting my dream car; a Porsche. I may be buying out of frustration and impulse, but I just don't care anymore. I'm so frustrated now.

Sorry, I had to vent. On another note, someone from san diego sent me a message about his s2k. first owner 01 and it's fully built, turbo and all. It's got about 84K miles. I'm a little skeptical about buying a turbo'd car. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Also, i think i'll be resorting to a lot of alcohol if this s2k doesn't work out.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

hang in there, the perfect S will come along, i looked for over a year for mine, looked at many disappointments and many that were overpriced.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Buying an S, especially a used one, is definitely not an easy process. Even when you think you've found the right one, chances are a better one will come along. I had the same exact thing happen to me. Not only did I find a better S2000, it had lower miles for the same price. I couldn't be happier with my S.

Stay focused and your dream will come true. Plus, you might save up that missing $500 you needed by the time your S comes into your life.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:15 PM

thanks guys. i just feel like the white one was special. there was something about it that hooked me when i drove it and i knew that was the one. you guys know what i mean. right? it's that special feeling. so losing it took the life out of me.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

For the majority of us, the S changed our lives. It did in my case. I felt very much like you did.

The S is my grandmothers memory. I Graduated from college. Got a job. etc.

Driving it was a huge confidence booster for everything in my life and hitting corners and meeting other owners has been some of the most fun of my life.

The car you want, for the price you can afford is out there, just don't be afraid to travel, and I'm sure any local s2k chapters would be more than happy to go check out a car if you find one out of state.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by SeanK325,Nov 18 2009, 11:15 PM
thanks guys. i just feel like the white one was special. there was something about it that hooked me when i drove it and i knew that was the one. you guys know what i mean. right? it's that special feeling. so losing it took the life out of me.
Another one will come along. It's almost like a relationship; sometimes things aren't meant to be. There are more S's out there with lower mileage. Many different features across the model years. Maybe you'll find that you enjoy the features of another model year.

Seriously though, don't settle for the high maintenance semi-cute chick (Porsche Boxster? is that what you're looking at?) just because this S didn't pan out.

A GT3 on the other hand...
Old 11-19-2009, 04:09 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Before you buy a Porsche, understood it is your dream car, but call the service department at your local dealership for price quotes on oil changes and annual maintenance. Your dream will become a nightmare.

If you missed an S because of $500, you may not be able to afford getting the oil changed in a Boxster.

Not trying to crush a dream, but check that out before you impulse purchase a Porsche.

Wait for the 'S', its worth the wait.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 AM

typical oil change on a boxster is $300 at my local porsche dealer.. i looked into buying a boxster S myself....

was that white one the first you drove? maybe that feeling can be had with any 's'
Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 AM

Stay on the trail. I think that few of us bought the first S that came into focus. Now is a great time to be a buyer - prices are low, more sellers than buyers. Figure out a way to get that extra $500 and stay in the game. You'll find another. But be sure to take a good look at both the top and the tires. Neither are cheap to replace. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 AM

The same thing happened to me i wanted a gpw so bad. It was the first one i test drove as well but i found out that the car had a lien on it. Long story short i ended up getting a spa yellow and love it but i still feel empty. I say keep looking for the right s

Quick Reply: missed the perfect s2k buy