Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kissthepilot
Hello,
I'm a new owner of a bright yellow 07' Honda S2000, and I heard there was an active club here in Clearwater, Florida. Am I in the right place? i would love to meet some other owners and make some new friends.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks much,
Brian Waddell
hi. im new here aswel, i own a honda 05 s2000 and would like to meet people on here aswel but im struglin with this forum a lil.how do i add friends on here?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM

New owner from TN. Picked up my '06 Silverstone this past weekend - looking forward to using the resources on this site!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome everybody!

Originally Posted by Rezah_S2000
how do i add friends on here?
Click on their username. That will take you to their profile. Then you should see an option to add them as friend.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 AM

Sup new owner of a Monte Carlo blue ap1 s2k from dowunder Australia. purchased my baby for $25k with 75xxxkms
on the club, nice clean mods coils,injen intake for now no really happy running that daily, oh and enkeir rpf01s, lurking to swap or purchase workmeister s1's. owned a few hondas from eg's to accord euros or as you know them acura tsx, got big plans for her, sorted out how much i need to build her the way i want..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seb9k
Sup new owner of a Monte Carlo blue ap1 s2k from dowunder Australia. purchased my baby for $25k with 75xxxkms
on the club, nice clean mods coils,injen intake for now no really happy running that daily, oh and enkeir rpf01s, lurking to swap or purchase workmeister s1's. owned a few hondas from eg's to accord euros or as you know them acura tsx, got big plans for her, sorted out how much i need to build her the way i want.. />

Welcome! Looks like I have some competition in getting those wheels I really feel like I got a steal for my car now, although I guess in the states we have a few more lurking. Have fun enjoy the site!

Eric
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by tomsepton
What's up everyone,

I just bought a black AP1 a couple weeks ago while I was home from Afghanistan for a couple weeks. I am itching bad to drive it again when I come home for good in January. I'm excited to get into the whole s2k community as well. Can't wait to get back to the states and meet others who are as obsessed with their s2k's as I am with mine... I'm from Utah but I'm stationed in San Diego area. I will be going to WOW's in Utah next season, but mostly I'll be doing stuff in the San Diego area. Pictures of my car to come..
Welcome brother, and happy late veterans day. I'm sure you will love your S, but if your semi new to it or RWD take it slow at first, they get super slippery esp in low traction conditions. I know it's usually pretty nice in the SD area, jealous I never got to stay there for any extended period of time.

Enjoy.

Eric
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM

Hey everybody!
I don't own a S2k, but I've been browsing this site for quite some time so I figured why not. Every S2k owner I've ever met have been nothing but super cool with me so i hope you'll all do the same! Currently own a 01' Impreza RS sedan (on its way out unfortunately) and co-own a '12 Indigo lights mica Mazda 3 6 speed manual with my brother. Saving some money for some RWD. If I can get enough money I would love an S2000, if not then a first gen miata. Neither are very practical but i could care less. I'm young (20) so my big fear is the insurance. Would love some estimates as to what i can look forward to paying to insure an S2000. Also any tips for someone going into RWD for the first time?
Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Speed3STi251
Hey everybody!
I don't own a S2k, but I've been browsing this site for quite some time so I figured why not. Every S2k owner I've ever met have been nothing but super cool with me so i hope you'll all do the same! Currently own a 01' Impreza RS sedan (on its way out unfortunately) and co-own a '12 Indigo lights mica Mazda 3 6 speed manual with my brother. Saving some money for some RWD. If I can get enough money I would love an S2000, if not then a first gen miata. Neither are very practical but i could care less. I'm young (20) so my big fear is the insurance. Would love some estimates as to what i can look forward to paying to insure an S2000. Also any tips for someone going into RWD for the first time?
Thanks
Welcome! The insurance thing is going to be up to all the variables that make up your quote. For me it jumped up quite a bit I think about 1000 per 6 months or something. To me it was worth it though, all in all I am paying less for it than if I were to go get a car payment for a newish car, hell it's probably cheaper than a lease at this point.

As for the tips just take it easy and learn the car. Don't go out and go balls to the wall right away. The first time you drive it in wet or slick conditions be very alert and aware, the simplest turn will break traction. Throttle control is your friend!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM

New owner of a 2007 s2000. NE florida owner. Loving it so far. 59,000 miles and in great condition.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM

Hey there...I'm new on here so please be easy.
Just got a 2006 S2000...wow what a car!
I had a Miata before, but this is really different.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II