Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello S2Ki members.

I'm new here and just bought a Formula Red '00 S2K last week. LOVE IT

(2) questions below...in my "brief" intro...

I'm a casual sunny/day/weekend convertible roadster enthusiast but never been to track or raced. Go figure,,, maybe someday. My roadster is always garaged. just sold my tricked '02 Miata LS with tons of mods and hardtop. I have a sedan (gs300) daily driver, plus my wife's suv.

I guess, as usual, I did things backwards ! Bought a Formula Red '00 S2K last week - then joined forum to learn about them yesterday. I've owned literally, dozens of Miata's and this is my first s2k. ALWAYS wanted one. Now they are affordable to my beer budget.

Oh and speaking of backwards...My Conv top has small slits and brittle, very foggy back window... so I ordered a new '03 oem top with glass to have it replaced by Jim's Top Shop in Austin, near where I live. Just got it in mail.
(1) Of course, NOW I'm asking , if that newer '03 OEM Honda Glass window top will work/install fine ? ???

Shop said they could do it (for $500 labor ! )
Hey it's cheaper than dealer = quoted $1800 and would only put in the original plastic oem top. (No, I'm not doing it !)

So it has 85k miles, in beautiful condition (some paint work but well done).
PO said original clutch. No mods except a strut tower brace and (he/PO said-but I have not verified) -upgraded sway bars?

Well as this is my first S2k...not planning mods yet. First things First...ahem...

(2) With the 85k+ mileage I have, besides fluids, tires, brakes (all are fine for now) what should I consider doing IMMEDIATELY or in the NEAR FUTURE for engine, drive train, mechanical maintenance at this point? Is there a used s2k (year 2000) checklist on the forum somewhere?

I LOVE THIS - Formula One wannabe - CAR ! ! ! AHHHhhhhhhhhhh! ! ! !

Thanks s2k Community ! ! ! ! Dave.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by jimorevy,Sep 20 2010, 04:56 PM
hi, great site, usefull tips. Never new that there were that many passionate s2k owners. Purchased a 2001 silver in June 16,000 miles, like it so well purchased a 03 suzuka blue with 27,000 mile. They are great automobiles.
Wow...I thought I was impulsive !
Two s2K's ....Saaaaaweeeet....lucky/smart dog you.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome aboard, new folks!

Originally Posted by s2khondas2k,Sep 30 2010, 10:43 AM
(2) With the 85k+ mileage I have, besides fluids, tires, brakes (all are fine for now) what should I consider doing IMMEDIATELY or in the NEAR FUTURE for engine, drive train, mechanical maintenance at this point? Is there a used s2k (year 2000) checklist on the forum somewhere?
I'd suggest maybe a valve adjustment and retainer inspection.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kissthepilot,Nov 11 2009, 08:08 AM
Hello,
I'm a new owner of a bright yellow 07' Honda S2000, and I heard there was an active club here in Clearwater, Florida. Am I in the right place? i would love to meet some other owners and make some new friends.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks much,
Brian Waddell
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:24 AM

Hello. Brand new here. Picked up an '05 about two months ago. Was shopping for something German, but being in the AF and married to a stay at home mom, decided to widen my search. So glad I did! 90+% of the fun (and probably 100% of the legal fun) for 40% of the cost. I have actually re-discovered the joy of driving; and it doesn't even have to be on the twisties.

Saw the video from DBR. Looks like lots of fun! Hopefully I can make it down there one day.

A little about me: 40-year-old AF Major, married w/ two kids (who think my new car is super cool!), currently assigned to the Pentagon, originally from N Alabama, '92 Bama grad.

Look forward to interacting and learning from you guys. I'll try to track down a local club here in Northern VA/DC area! See you around the forum!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome! Feel free to chat with us in the Alabama regional forums, too.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Hello all,
brand new to the s2k club. I am now the proud owner of a 2002 Berlina Black s2000 after a month of reasearch and two months of sifting through all of the beaten and battered craigslist s2000's. I have yet to make it out to any meets because while driving my new baby home i was a victim of a hit and run accident; of which destroyed my front end. I am in the process of painting and reassembling her now... untill then i will be mashin' around in my civic[35 mpg ]. Anyways hope to meet some of y'all around the bay area in california soon.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Hey. I'm a nub to this group.

I bought a 00 silverstone s2k back in March (only 23k miles on it). Sadly its getting cold real fast up in Buffalo already. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to enjoy it this year.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I've had my 00 silverstone s2k for about a year now and I'm in socal. Hope to learn a lot about the s2k from everyone here.

-
RJ
Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast Man,Oct 4 2010, 05:49 PM
Hey. I'm a nub to this group.

I bought a 00 silverstone s2k back in March (only 23k miles on it). Sadly its getting cold real fast up in Buffalo already. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to enjoy it this year.

Welcome to the site, be sure to check out the Upstate forum:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=67
Levi

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II