Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE MAN! Welcome, happy to see you hoped on the s2k wagon. Looks reallllly clean! Nice pick up at 90,000 miles!! Welcome to the sight and check out the Flroida section, i would consider making a new introduction thread there, i know a couple s2ker's in Orlando.

Only thing i would suggest doing, if take it to a shop, and have ALL your fluids replaced, tranny, differential, etc. it will make the biggest difference in the world!

Enjoy!

Heres link to Florida forums.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=54
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by seoulbro,May 5 2010, 05:52 PM
What's up fellow bb CR owner. My '08 CR is my first S. Since you're on your 4th, I was wondering if the CR feels any different from driving a standard S.(I'm sorry for using the word standard to describe an S) I hope to see you @ the east coast Honda meet.
actually yeah I noticed the handling is a lot nicer on the CR then the reg. S2K yeah bro really looking forward the Honda meet on the 29th have you done anything to your s2k?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,May 12 2010, 08:59 AM
NICE MAN! Welcome, happy to see you hoped on the s2k wagon. Looks reallllly clean! Nice pick up at 90,000 miles!! Welcome to the sight and check out the Flroida section, i would consider making a new introduction thread there, i know a couple s2ker's in Orlando.

Only thing i would suggest doing, if take it to a shop, and have ALL your fluids replaced, tranny, differential, etc. it will make the biggest difference in the world!

Enjoy!

Heres link to Florida forums.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=54
Thanks mate! I have actually had her for quite some time now.

That pic was taken yesterday morning, as I spent 16 hours on the car this weekend performing paint correction.

I will definately make a post in the fl boards.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:09 PM

Hey guys! I'm actually not an s2k owner, but I am hunting for one in the NY/NJ area and I'm new to the site. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to talk about purchasing an AP2 (2002) with approximately 10k mileage on it. Hopefully I'll be driving it within the week.

I'll probably be on these forums a lot just to learn from you guys. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fuego s2kCR,May 12 2010, 10:43 AM
actually yeah I noticed the handling is a lot nicer on the CR then the reg. S2K yeah bro really looking forward the Honda meet on the 29th have you done anything to your s2k?
I love the suspension on my CR. Only mods so far are the stereo upgrade(Alpine CDA-117 & Focal VR component speakers) and Mugen oil & radiator caps. Hoping to get the Greddy/Go Tuning Spectrum Elite dual exhaust & K&N 63 series air charger intake by June. Looking forward to meeting you on May 29th.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by seoulbro,May 14 2010, 05:32 PM
I love the suspension on my CR. Only mods so far are the stereo upgrade(Alpine CDA-117 & Focal VR component speakers) and Mugen oil & radiator caps. Hoping to get the Greddy/Go Tuning Spectrum Elite dual exhaust & K&N 63 series air charger intake by June. Looking forward to meeting you on May 29th.
I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the CR's suspension. The standard S is fantastically connected; the CR is downright intimate without gaining too much abruptness. I can’t comment on what the many tuners in this forum have achieved, but I’m thoroughly impressed with Honda’s job.

That K&N intake changes the tune the exhaust sings in a very satisfying way. Idle and first gear sound no different to me, but when I shift to second the voice attains a vicious snarl that continues throughout the remainder of the forward gears. Each pulse of the accelerator pedal induces a pronounced 'shish'. I’m glad I installed mine.

For the most part the installation is very simple. I had to drill a hole and insert a grommet for the temp sensor – the former is a source of concern (make damn sure the tube is clean when you’re done) and the latter is a pain in the ass (er, fingers). Getting the clamp around the support that bolts to the shield was also a bit of fun (and pain in the fingers).

The stereo system swap happened on day 3 – moved from my previous S. In my opinion, Bluetooth is a must. Well, you absolutely have to invest in hands free cell phone operation – it’s a matter of safety.

I’m not crazy about the stock badges – those ‘H’s complicate polishing one’s car too. I think Rick’s ‘S’s are not only easier to polish around, but they look better as well.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 PM

holy crap thats a big picture.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by seoulbro,May 14 2010, 05:32 PM
nice yeah same here cant wait my brother went to it last year and had a blast are u meeting up with us in woodbridge,VA?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,May 14 2010, 09:13 PM
holy crap thats a big picture.
You're right. What happened?
I'm sorry. I inserted the picture the wrong way - new guy (relatively) mistake. It's fixed now, and I won't do that again!

I wish I could figure out how I managed to get two GA badges.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:50 AM

thats wierd...but it actually looks ok
I love the smileys here :]

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II