Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 08-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my second S2 so glad to finally be back.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome, everyone!

Originally Posted by evergreenc
Hi to all Colorado members. I’m a new owner of a 2002 S2000 and interested in finding a fellow owner in the Denver area. My wish is to locate someone who can look at the S2K and evaluate the car before I purchase it and ship to my Washington home. I am happy to hire this person and compensate them for their time and opinion.
Bill, you might try posting in the Rocky Mountain Owners section.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longtime reader, first time poster

Hi everybody!
I bought my project 2000 s2k September 2016 knowing it needed some work; the f20c needed a rebuild, the diff was toast, front bumper for ait wide-body kit gone, the driveshaft, exhaust, stereo, and (unknown to me) many other parts big and small were non-existent. What I came to understand is that this poor car had been left for dead. I can't count how many missing or incorrect bolts there were everywhere, along with cut or pilfered wires and hoses, wrong harnesses and generally head-scratching things everywhere. Thank God I have had a mechanic helping me and my son almost every step of the way, and I'm happy to say that coming up on it's 2 year mark this build is almost done.
I'm at that frustrating spot where the spoon ecu that came with it isn't letting the fuel pump power up. The guy I bought it from said it might be an issue so I remember reading about how to work around this, but the information isn't available anymore and I never screen-shot it, figuring I'd come back to it when needed. If anyone knows where I can find this info, I'd REALLY appreciate it. It's been a long road with many late nights and we just want to hear the magic that start button provides. I will try to post some pix of the project in the gallery. Thanks!

Marc Palmer
mg.palmer@hotmail.com

Old 08-11-2018, 02:46 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^Welcome, you should post your question here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/.
Good luck on your build.
Levi
Old 08-18-2018, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy Weekend Folks

New to the S2000 world and obviously one should join this form.
Prior owner of a list of cars that is too indepth for the intro page but...

new to me Rio Yellow 2005

I am hoping to use this site as much as it would use me as a knowledge base

I am using this car as my exit from the hardcore racing and modding community and want to enjoy it for what it is.
I live in the Socal area and am interested in meeting new faces and learning all I can

Shalom~
Old 08-19-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PilotmanS2K
Juanito506, congrats on your new purchase. I'v own two since 2008 and they are amazing cars. I think you got that car at an amazing price however not sure where your from. In Western Canada, your car with that mileage would be worth over 25k! Plus these cars are appreciating each year .. So keep her clean and you might have a small investment. Welcome to the forums and although new myself, i'm experienced with these cars.
I'm here in North Carolina. The market value as of that day was $20,000 plus I was the only person to make an offer since the second owner put it for sale through the consignment dealer.

Correction: Sebring Silver Metallic, not Silverstone Gray.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I flew up to Manassas Virginia just outside DC Friday morning, from Clearwater Florida, to look at a 2007 Laguna blue with 72K. The Carfax showed 2 owners and a right front accident repair, no air bag deployment. The car was auctioned to another dealer. I took the check list along.... thank you 'dammitjim' for taking the time to share the knowledge...invaluable info for anyone buying their first S2000.
The car looked stunning, paint looked great, rear factor spoiler, top looked new, tires full tread, seats looked great, HKS dual exhaust, a K&N intake, engine compartment was spotless clean, stock 17" wheels looked new.
Test drove the car, followed the check list info....back at the dealer I put it up in the air and checked the undercarriage, wheel bearings, axle boots...frame, looked for any signs of rust and oil leaks. I've restored at least 25 cars in my life, but I can be fooled as easily as any one if the car looks good....and this one did. All the car was going to need is new brake rotors and pads.
The only thing that concerned me were the missing Vin tags on the hood, two front fenders, and radiator support. Obvious the front had been repainted, but whoever did it, did an excellent job, all the body seams were prefect and a prefect paint match....the radiator support looked like it was painted but not damaged.....under the car no frame repair.
I liked the sales manager....should I buy the car?...Pointed out the need for new brake pads and rotors....no argument, he dropped the price to compensate for the parts.....18K even for the car.....should I take the plunge?

....I did, drove it back to Florida non stop, 18 hours of just pure car fun with the top down most of the way. What a great car the S2000 is for anyone that loves to motor.
Did I pay too much for the car, probably...do I regret it....not yet!

Last edited by GregS48; 08-21-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Correcting some details
Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GregS48
I flew up to Manassas Virginia just outside DC Friday morning, from Clearwater Florida, to look at a 2007 Laguna blue with 72K. The Carfax showed 2 owners and a right front accident repair, no air bag deployment. The car was auctioned to another dealer. I took the check list along.... thank you 'dammitjim' for taking the time to share the knowledge...invaluable info for anyone buying their first S2000.
The car looked stunning, paint looked great, rear factor spoiler, top looked new, tires full tread, seats looked great, HKS dual exhaust, a K&N intake, engine compartment was spotless clean, stock 17" wheels looked new.
Test drove the car, followed the check list info....back at the dealer I put it up in the air and checked the undercarriage, wheel bearings, axle boots...frame, looked for any signs of rust and oil leaks. I've restored at least 25 cars in my life, but I can be fooled as easily as any one if the car looks good....and this one did. All the car was going to need is new brake rotors and pads.
The only thing that concerned me were the missing Vin tags on the hood, two front fenders, and radiator support. Obvious the front had been repainted, but whoever did it, did an excellent job, all the body seams were prefect and a prefect paint match....the radiator support looked like it was painted but not damaged.....under the car no frame repair.
I liked the sales manager....should I buy the car?...Pointed out the need for new brake pads and rotors....no argument, he dropped the price to compensate for the parts.....18K even for the car.....should I take the plunge?

....I did, drove it back to Florida non stop, 18 hours of just pure car fun with the top down most of the way. What a great car the S2000 is for anyone that loves to motor.
Did I pay too much for the car, probably...do I regret it....not yet!
Hey Greg,

Bought a 2007 Laguna Blue with 88K on the clock only a week before you got yours, also in VA although mine lived in Reston rather than Manassas. My drive back to DC may have been a liiittle shorter but I made the most of it haha, happy to finally own a car I've wanted since it debuted!

Calen
Old 08-23-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Calen, thanks for the reply. Wow....Reston is just a little north of Manassas, can't believe there were two hard to find Laguna blues so close! How did you find yours, and if you don't mind...how much did you pay for it. I looked for about 2 months, started local. It took me awhile to figure out what colour, year and mileage I wanted....or could afford....the prices on newer low mileage cars shocked me at first! Bimmer Z3's, Jag XK8's, Mercedes, even, Porsche boxster's were less expensive....wasn't interested in anything but an S2000....great car!

Last edited by GregS48; 08-23-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem man! And I know right, what are the odds? Initially I was using CarGurus to look (it's how I found my previous car, a Focus ST) and decided to switch to Craigslist to avoid dealer markups. I paid $17,800 for mine (goes to show how good a deal you got on yours) which, although admittedly a little more than I was looking to spend, I was ok with when I realized how immaculate the car was and how well the seller had maintained it. I had my heart set on either an S2K or an EVO VIII of all things haha, they have nothing in common (besides membership on my "All-time dream cars" list) but once I saw the Laguna Blue in person it sealed the deal. I figure I'll daily it till the winter, and then pick up a high mileage beater to take the brunt of the winter months- we can't all live in sunny Florida!

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II