Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 02-13-2018, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, what's up?

I don't have pics of my S2000, mainly because my end goal doesn't involve one. I picked up a '00 S2000 from our local insurance salvage yard last year. It's a complete car, and everything's fine, but the car's got a non-repairable VIN status due to a bad repair job done to the lower rad support back in 2003, which was only flagged in 2017 (probably the worst reason I've heard of for said status). This means the car's basically only good as a track-only car, or a parts car. My plan is to use it as a swap for my AE86, something I've wanted to do for years but never had the means or funds. I'm hoping to get the ball rolling in spring, maybe put a build thread on here if there's interest. I joined to get help with any issues I run into with the engine itself, as well as to list parts I don't need once the project's done. So I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me, and I can hopefully help someone get some parts they need for their S2000 project.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by HagridsHairyHamroll
Hey, what's up?

I don't have pics of my S2000, mainly because my end goal doesn't involve one. I picked up a '00 S2000 from our local insurance salvage yard last year. It's a complete car, and everything's fine, but the car's got a non-repairable VIN status due to a bad repair job done to the lower rad support back in 2003, which was only flagged in 2017 (probably the worst reason I've heard of for said status). This means the car's basically only good as a track-only car, or a parts car. My plan is to use it as a swap for my AE86, something I've wanted to do for years but never had the means or funds. I'm hoping to get the ball rolling in spring, maybe put a build thread on here if there's interest. I joined to get help with any issues I run into with the engine itself, as well as to list parts I don't need once the project's done. So I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me, and I can hopefully help someone get some parts they need for their S2000 project.

from owning a few AE86s and now finally a S2000 I can honestly say that the only way I'd have another 86 in my stable is that I would have to swap a F20/22 engine in it. I think it' the perfect, leave stock, swap you could ask for. Good luck with the project and pet us know how it goes when you start.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Hi I'm new

Hi everyone, just introducing myself as a new owner of an S2000. I've always wanted one and put it off until "later". At nearly 75, I've decided that "later" is now. It's a 2009 with only 7000 miles and had been part of a private collection in Houston. The entire collection was written off as a total loss by the insurance company after Hurricane Harvey. This particular car has no visible damage and supposedly had water only reaching the rocker panel. It has a salvage title but I don't really care as I buy things to use them, not just look at them. It sure is a hoot to drive and I'm sorry I put it off so long.

One issue I'm having is the power top only working intermittently. I know there's a thread on that here and will start there, but hope it isn't a flood related problem. Time will tell.
John
The following users liked this post:
MartyRay (02-14-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Welcome John, keep us posted on your car.
Levi
Old 02-13-2018, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi again, just found the answer to my top issue on this forum. Hand brake on and window lock off did the trick. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:35 AM

Default I loved my Ap1 but it just died

Hi guys. joined the forum last year when I picked up my silverstone grey with red interior AP1. I was waiting till I took it off the road to give it some serious tlc to get stuck into the forums and start looking for parts for the car.
I was however completely distracted by driving the car and loving it....however last night I am sad to say that cylinder 2 shat the bed and blew the spark plug to smithereens and fried the coil pack, strippping the thread as this all happened.
so I may be breaking the car in order to try and scrape together the funds to replace her.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 AM

hey guys, new to the forum, I don't own an s2000, but I may be looking to get one soon. I've been a member on H-T since 2005 and have owned an 01' ITR, 90 crx SiR and currently an Em1. I'm interested in all the nice parts that are available for S2000's and may be looking to purchase a few.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 PM

Default Austin, Tx

Been hiding from the forum for a decade, but I'm back! Moving from Wisconsin to Texas means much more driving

She's just received an upgrade to the CR wheels, soon to touchup the paint and likely hardtop. ACT stuff but will do the ACT HD PP, OEM Friction Disk and AP1 Flywheel eventually. (Ignore the center caps, they're backordered lol!)

Excited to get back into the forum!

Old 02-23-2018, 12:00 AM

I am located in Hong Kong and just bought a 2008 type s with some goodies on it, and find this forum so informative, hope to share more info with guys here soon.!
Old 02-25-2018, 08:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello form DEEP South Texas. My dad passed away the end of January and I inherited his 2006 red S2000 a couple weeks ago. My dad had bought the car new and did all the regular maintenance. The car has 121,500 miles, but runs and drives great. Spent the last week doing paint correction with Adam’s Polishes. Now doing minor things here and there. Looking forward to learning from members here, like I have from othe forums I’m a member of.

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II