Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome! IMO, for daily driving with no intentions of tracking it, there's nothing wrong with stock wheels, brakes, suspension, and exhaust. It's like that saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." With that said, if you have the money to spare and want to spend it on those items, more power to you. It's your car to do with as you please. Personally, I would be concerned about those types of mods drawing unwanted attention to thieves. Speaking of thieves, this is a good read: Keeping Your S2000 Safe at Night. If you're passionate about music, yes upgrade that stereo and add some good speakers!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU
Welcome! IMO, for daily driving with no intentions of tracking it, there's nothing wrong with stock wheels, brakes, suspension, and exhaust. It's like that saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." With that said, if you have the money to spare and want to spend it on those items, more power to you. It's your car to do with as you please. Personally, I would be concerned about those types of mods drawing unwanted attention to thieves. Speaking of thieves, this is a good read: Keeping Your S2000 Safe at Night. If you're passionate about music, yes upgrade that stereo and add some good speakers!
Thank you for your input!!! Wheels are flaking and have other wear and blemishes as well. Was told that the wheels and the exhause are quite heavy and that it would be a good idea to upgrade them to something lighter. I do see a lot of comments about the suspension being upgraded, but nothing negative about the stock suspension so I was only wondering if it would be something worthy or not. I didn't really want to do anything with the suspension if it really isn't necessary. Most of the S2000's in my area are modified quite a bit and I was really wanting to keep mine more stock than anything else, at least as much as possible, but still whanted to enhance it a little, where it is warranted So, considering your advice, I will prob hold off on the exhaust and wheels for a while. I do love my music and was quite disappointed with the factory set up. I'm not looking to be in any kind of stereo competition but was considering replacing the factory speakers, head unit, and maybe add a 10 inch sub in the back. Nothing more than that though. Again, I thank you for your advice!!! Brakes pads, front and rear, front rotors, and all 4 callipers do need to be replaced though and I'm looking to do that next weekend. So, I will start with that and then prob move to upgrading the stereo next instead. Looking forward to hearing music with the top down at 70mph on the interstate. Thank you!!!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:13 AM

JulieU,

Thanks for the info about theft. Not gonna lie...that really didn't cross my mind much. I live in a very safe neighborhood, but I don't know of anyone that goes to the ghetto to steel nice things. I will follow your advice about options to keep my car safe. Sounds like some of the good investment upgrades would be some of the one's you posted; seat locks, top latch locks, etc. Thank you, as that did actually open my eyes a bit.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:23 PM

Just joined. Have been trying to figure out which year to buy. Driving myself crazy.

I am going to buy. Will be a 2006, 7 or 8 with less than 20,000 miles. Have found a couple and need to move quickly so
I am trying to learn as much as possible over the next few days. Glad I found this place and will be doing a lot of reading
over the next few days.

Anyone wants to throw out some "advice," what to look for, watch out for, etc. please do.

Thanks All
Old 09-20-2015, 08:10 AM

Well, Ive owned my Formuka Red 02 S2K for a year or so now and I've always made it a habit to read the site whenever I had questions or to just gain more in formation in genereal. However, I just decided to get around to officially putting my name on the members list.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome!!

Originally Posted by unclej
Anyone wants to throw out some "advice," what to look for, watch out for, etc. please do.
What to look for when buying a used S2000
Old 09-20-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My link

Hey guys my names Justin. I bought my 2002 S2000 last July. This is the second one I have owned. I sold my 2000 S in 2010 to go to school and just got back up the money to own one again. It has 110k miles on it with a few mods. It has a K&N cold air intake, Invidia exhaust, Mugen replica Hardtop, AEM voltmeter, AEM air/fuel meter with wide band sensor, and it all sits on Enkei brilliant silver Rpf1s. Oh and also the ACT stage 3 clutch kit however that was incorrectly installed and therefore destroyed itself. Now I am looking to put a Science of Speed light weight flywheel, and clutch kit in. I have many more plans but am waiting for money to start those endeavors.

Anyhow as for me...I am a Trucking Coordinator for work and a mechanic for my hobby. I went and graduated from NASCAR Technical Institute and worked in the field for about 3 years. I have really bad ankles so I got out of being a mechanic for a desk job. Still love working on cars just at my own pace. I am willing to help any way I can and plan on learning much from you all too. I race my s2000 in auto X and am new to it also. Expect many setup questions...lol. Anyhow I love my car...it is a great little runner especially compared to my 2005 mustang GT when it comes to auto X.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-20-2015, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Welcome!!

Originally Posted by unclej' timestamp='1442730191' post='23752252
What to look for when buying a used S2000

Thank you... You are a doll.

I'm reading!!! and learning

Thanks again
Old 09-27-2015, 06:18 PM

Hello new S2k owner here. I purchased my first s2k last may. I have a Ap1 Silverstone with powdercoated teal work cr kai. I bought it for a fun daily driver as I rebuild my 2000 ITR.

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II