Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 07-27-2014, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All - old new guy to this forum. I have a 2001 S2000 currently sitting in the garage with a bad clutch. Also have a 49 FORD F3 pickup with a 5.0EFI, 5 speed, Jag XJS front suspension I am restoring. Been following this forum since we moved to KY from Chicago suburbs. Would love to talk/email anyone in Lexington area that has put in a new clutch on the S2. I'm having the usual problem of getting the knock sensor out and the top bolt of the starter out - fat hands won't fit up there and I can't see worth a darn to get the socket on the top bolt. Help, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would want to come over and help you would make my day! Dave S
Old 07-29-2014, 12:40 PM

well after 6 years of wanting to get an s2k i finally did it, got my 02 spa yellow baby. as a 12 year old s2k it does come with its flaws all cosmetics the owner disclosed the damages the car went through but mechanically its in great shape and with 75k miles on it i figured i can show it the TLC it needs to be what it deserves.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:25 PM

Hello. New to the forums. I have an 02 S2k. Purchased it used in 2005. Was my daily driver for years, but needed something more practical. I could not bring myself to sell the S2K. Am on my 3rd daily driver since, but still have the S2k. Nice to meet everyone.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:58 AM

Hi. Just bought my first s2k.

Have met some of the more regular members at JAE when I used to own a Toyota Sera. We always bee-lined to you guys as you had the best party going!

Had a few cars since and recently had fun with a VX220 for a couple of years. However as my wife could get in the car as she has MS and the entry was so small, I finally gave in and bought an s2000.

It's previous owner must have been on this forum as the tax disc holder is from s2kuk. Reg is FG52BGX. Nice Bluetooth alpine head unit otherwise rest of car looks standard. If anyone knows about it's history I would be interested to hear.

From Colin and Helen
Old 08-03-2014, 04:14 PM

hey guys i joined the fourm yesterday and already enjoy it alot and i just got my 01 red s2k with only 40k miles it drives great and is perfect finally got my dream car!!!! im in georgetowm kentucky is anyone else in the area?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 PM

hello name is johnie I had my s2k for about a year know daily driver very well balanced car does need some more power though and in the process of turbocharging it I do have a 600whp integra but I know the same rules does not apply to the s2000 weak diff,trans,ect ect so hopefully I don't bug you guys to much lol I already have pfab top mount with a 62-62 still need more parts oh and a puddymod diff if possiable well thanks for reading this
Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 AM

Gentlemen!

Greetings. My name is Sam. I was a long time fan of the s2k since high school (before the first fast and furious came out) but I could never afford it. My miata of 7 years was totaled so I took the chance to score my baby.

My dad is a mechanic but I am not a gearhead. That's going to change slowly. I already have ideas for easy fixes of common s2k problems (one is a 10 dollar fix for our blind spots when the top is up that takes less than 5 minutes to do and has been performing wonderfully the past month - small stuff like that)

Here's a photo after I clay barred her yesterday. Shines like glass and reflects like a mirror!
Introduce yourself here! Part II-6tgboxd.jpg

Look forward to benefitting from our collective knowledge!!

-Sam
Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 AM

Hello.
Just bought a 05 s2k Saturday. I had a Prelude several years back and loved it. Was looking at the s2k's but couldn't afford it...well guess what? I can afford it now! Put 270 miles on it sine Saturday afternoon. I friggin LOVE IT!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:17 AM

Hey everyone! Been trying to make an account for a while. Tech difficulties I'm pretty sure due to lag. Anyways, I own a '01 s2k and have had it for a while now. I'm in the USAF stationed in Louisiana but originally from San Diego. Currently working on ripping off my Veilside kit that I thought was so cool back then. CANT WAIT!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM

Hi everyone. Name's Adrian, and I'm in San Diego. After about a month and a half of searching all of Southern California, and a few false starts, I finally got my s2000 two days ago. It's a 04 Silverstone with 97K miles on it. Previous owner babied it and the interior/exterior is nearly flawless. This forum is great and helped to educate me on what I needed to be looking for and, now that I've got her, what to do next. Thanks to all who contribute here. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II