Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Interested in S2Ks

Old 07-25-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in S2Ks

Hello everyone, I'm a 350z owner but I recently decided to join because I've always been curious regarding s2000's; they are cool cars and certainly very interesting. I hope to be able to drive one sometime soon just to see what it feels like. Sometimes I really just want to take a car out for a quick and smooth spin while pushing its handling capabilities, and the s2k seems like a great car to do it. Maybe it will be the second car I buy lol, but if I do ever get another car soon it will be for something totally different.

Peace
Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Z,Jul 25 2006, 10:52 AM
Sometimes I really just want to take a car out for a quick and smooth spin while pushing its handling capabilities, and the s2k seems like a great car to do it.
Yes, the S2000 certainly is! And it will feel very different to your 'Z' thing too I recently drove 2 Z's conv and they felt very different to the S.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:15 AM

Welcome to the board!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:16 AM

Aloha!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!! I certainly felt more welcome than I would have imagined at first hahaha!!!

Peace
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you here. It's always nice to know that there are more people here with good taste in cars.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:25 PM

Welcome! Are you planning on keeping the Z as well?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Once you've had a drive, you'll know one way of the other whether the S is the car for you. Try to test a used one and get on it into VTEC. And then, just try telling us you weren't grinning ear to ear...
Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 AM

Welcome! Glad to have you here. It's always nice to know that there are more people here with good taste in cars.
I hope you're talking about my Z hahaha. I love that car no matter what people say, but I think I can definitely get into Hondas as well hehe. Like I said earlier, when I get something else I will be looking for a totally different experience and it looks like my best bet is the S2K.

Welcome! Are you planning on keeping the Z as well?
Thanks for asking, I'm definitely going to keep my baby as I put too much investment into her to not haha. But getting a used S2K is always on my mind, I'm just broke as hell right now lol.

Once you've had a drive, you'll know one way of the other whether the S is the car for you. Try to test a used one and get on it into VTEC. And then, just try telling us you weren't grinning ear to ear... wink.gif
I bet. What's the VTEC like, how's the sound (I haven't got a chance to hear a S2K good and close yet . . . . ). I hear alot of craptalk regarding Z vs. S2K in terms of drag, track, and all that BS and all I can say is . . . . I don't care really that much. They are totally different cars (and great) that comparing them is quite stupid. But I'm just wondering, does the S2K make up for all that loss in Torque (from a Z perspective) by shaving off weight? What else factors into its insane acceleration and track time besides having less weight? I've heard that the aerodynamics aren't all that amazing, and I know it has significantly less Torque than many others cars. So what's the secret lol?!?

Thanks everyone,

Peace

PS - I wanna get some pictures of my baby up but I don't know how, thanks for any help.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:26 AM

I test drove the 350 Z once after having my S2000 for about 8 months. I asked the Nissan salesman where the start button was. LOL
I think you can't change the camber on the 350Z.

Quick Reply: Interested in S2Ks