Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

I absolutely love this car

Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I absolutely love this car

I traded in my 07 infiniti G35X on the S2000 a little under a month ago, I had sold my business and was "retired" and didn't need a car that could hold people and go through anything, so I wanted something smaller, lighter and just plain fun. I initially wanted an Elise, I did a lot of research loved the few that I had driven and felt I could live with the short comings. My brother had an Accord and totaled it by hitting a deer, so he was in the market for a new car so I went with him to the Honda dealership. He test drove a new(08) Accord, what a phenomenal car all around, I think if I wanted a practical car in that price range it would be a very easy choice for me to make. The dealership had 3 S2ks on the lot, it was early December in upstate NY, while my brother was out test driving one of the S2ks I was talking to the sales manager about working a deal on two S2ks, he liked the idea an awful lot and made me a deal I frankly couldn't say no to. My brother loved the car, so we decided to purchase them. I bought it because it was too good a deal to pass up, they were very generous with the trade in and sold me my car at invoice, my brothers at $200 under. I wasn't anticipating liking the car as much as I do, and am glad I don't have an Elise now. I don't drive much and this is my only car, I typically drive about 500 miles a month these days and if its really ugly out I just don't go anywhere.

I went on my first topless drive today, as much as I liked the car with the top up I was even more enthralled with the top down. Today was one of those freak warm winter days in upstate NY, at the height of my excursion the temperature read 65 in the car. Perhaps a little chilly for top down driving, but it was my only goal today, so I figured I'd push the envelope a little bit.

In short, I am very glad I sold the infiniti and got the S2000, its everything I wanted in a car. I know some say its a big compromise, I disagree and say its anything but a compromise.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 PM

Sounds like someones caught the bug .. Interestingy enough I looked at an elise as well as a G35c before i bought my S. The G was nice but not fun to drive and the Elise was....... well lets just say that if I close a few more deals this year I may just have myself a sunday car
Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 PM

The car is fun with the top up but when you drop it, its a different car, an absolute blast. I'm sure there are lots of great roads in your neck of the woods, enjoy.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by 8_ball,Jan 8 2008, 01:39 PM
The car is fun with the top up but when you drop it, its a different car, an absolute blast. I'm sure there are lots of great roads in your neck of the woods, enjoy.
I didn't want to risk saying "it felt like a different car with the top down" but I'm certainly not going to disagree with you
Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Welcome to the site, be sure top visit the Upstate NY section:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=67

Also while checking out the site stop by the Vintage owners section.

Whereabouts in NY are you? Maybe I'll run into both of you sometime later this year. Just be carefull when the temps drop too cold, our summer tires aren't too fond of temps below 40.
Post some pics when you get a chance.
Levi
Old 01-08-2008, 12:59 PM

I'm 5 minutes outside Albany. I know about the tires being sketchy in winter, the only time I've driven it with any snow on the roads was the day I picked it up, the lot was not cleared well and the back end got loose at about 5mph, which was a big change from the AWD infiniti with Nokians!

Old 01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Diz

Nice car !
Old 01-08-2008, 02:37 PM

Great lookin car, what color did your brother get? Is he near you?
Levi
Old 01-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Jan 8 2008, 03:37 PM
Great lookin car, what color did your brother get? Is he near you?
Levi
He got Berlina Black, he lives locally but is not an enthusiast in the least, he just wanted a fun car to drive.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM

You'll have to bring him to a meet this year, it just might give him a change of heart.

Quick Reply: I absolutely love this car