Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Help from friends @ s2k

Old 02-03-2006, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help from friends @ s2k

I recently sold my car and I'm going nuts trying to figure out if i want a

S2k
350z
Audi TT
Solstice
WRX STI

If you have personal experiences with any of the above, please help me out.

I am almost for sure going S2k as i like what i have been reading on these forums all winter.

My problem is that the retarded dealers in my area will not let me take the cars on test drive as they think i just want to sit in them, i was actually asked not to waste a guys time when i went in to ask for info on the Sti.

I like the s2k as i drove my buddies for a couple days in the summer and would love my own.

So to make things easier, why would i go with one of the above over an s2k, or why should i stick with the s2k over one of them.

Thanks very much, this will be a great help
Old 02-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude...this is an s2k forum. Ofcourse the majority are going to say s2k.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 AM

yet there are many posts on here regarding the solstice and many other vehicles that even the s2k users have written back to with their likes and dislikes. This is what i'm after not the "my s2k is better than anything because it is", i like the s2k/boxter comparison thread there was a lot of good information in it.

it's just a question and with the amount of people on here i figured i could find some info, perhaps the people ahve had the vehicle before and could show what they like or didnt' like.

And even if they are all pro s2k, then what bonuses is the s2k going to give. I don't know the vehicle all that well so i'm askin.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:25 AM

Why not just look at the millions of posts on this forum that already answer your exact question?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Why not just post my question, that's what forums are for.

I've recieved great responces on the other forums, i don't understand what the problem is here
Old 02-03-2006, 11:45 AM

haha dont mind them, its just that its been covered many of times. It gets quite irksome after awhlie.

Anywho, if it boiled down to it, I would get the s2k or the Sti.
If you see snow/rain a lot, then opt for the sti. If not, then go for the s2k. There are many variables in getting what you want or dont want. Where are you located? is this gonna be your daily driver? you have to say what you want out of the car before anyone can give you some feedback.

the s2k is probably the best handling car w/in the 30K price range. Audi TT is bleh, I have a g35 which is simliar to the Z and it sucks. I dont know much about the pontiac, so I hope that helped a tad bit.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 AM

do you live in canada, sti a no brainer. I have had many cars and if you have an s2k, imo, you will want another car. I love it on weekends, but over time with constant use you get tired of it. there are plenty of cars that are just as fun, quicker and fit the bill for a daily driver. I used to drive it a lot, but some of the novelty wore off as a daily driver, no question sti.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

STi
Old 02-03-2006, 09:20 PM

s2k or sti that what i would choose, audi TT is nice and luxurious but for some reason doesnt fullfill my need of a sports car. solstice... come on its a pontiac, some pontiacs are fast but its still a pontiac . 350z i dont really like the interior quality and just doesnt put a smile on my face. that my .02 cent
Old 02-03-2006, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caleb,Feb 3 2006, 05:59 PM
I recently sold my car and I'm going nuts trying to figure out if i want a

S2k
350z
Audi TT
Solstice
WRX STI

If you have personal experiences with any of the above, please help me out.

I am almost for sure going S2k as i like what i have been reading on these forums all winter.

My problem is that the retarded dealers in my area will not let me take the cars on test drive as they think i just want to sit in them, i was actually asked not to waste a guys time when i went in to ask for info on the Sti.

I like the s2k as i drove my buddies for a couple days in the summer and would love my own.

So to make things easier, why would i go with one of the above over an s2k, or why should i stick with the s2k over one of them.

Thanks very much, this will be a great help
Evo