Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Hello

Old 09-27-2015, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Well first of all, Hello
I'd like to start off saying that I currently do NOT own an s2k. But thats why I'm here. Because IM BUYING AN S2000 Sometime within this month! Not to mention, it'll be my first car and im paying for it myself. My parents arent very fortunate or flooded with cash like most now a days. I'm working hard atm to get my dream car and i will get my hands on it soon! WILL UPDATE MY POST WHEN I PURCHASE MY S2K! btw since this will be my first car, does salvage or clean title really matter ? along with mileage on the vehicle? THANKS AND HELLO S2Ki!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mean to sound like a dick at all but if this is your first car and you don't have a lot of prior experience or any then they can be very unforgiving cars. They love to get tail happy in the right conditions and can be hard to gain control of again if you don't know what you're doing. That being said if you pace yourself and don't drive the hell out of it it could be a really fun learning experience. Salvage vs clean title is one of the most important things salvage obviously means it was written off from the insurance company and cant even be driven on the streets until rebuilt and assigned a rebuilt title. Also, these cars have significantly lower resale values due to this reason and some places wont even finance them. Also, if looking at rebuilt have it inspected to make sure the rebuild was done properly. As far as mileage as long as the proper maintenance was done theres plenty examples of high mileage s2k's. What price range are you trying to be in for the car? Would help decide whats feasible and what isn't.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:23 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome....
Old 09-28-2015, 05:26 AM

Hello and welcome to the Forums!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mongomery1234
I don't mean to sound like a dick at all but if this is your first car and you don't have a lot of prior experience or any then they can be very unforgiving cars. They love to get tail happy in the right conditions and can be hard to gain control of again if you don't know what you're doing. That being said if you pace yourself and don't drive the hell out of it it could be a really fun learning experience. Salvage vs clean title is one of the most important things salvage obviously means it was written off from the insurance company and cant even be driven on the streets until rebuilt and assigned a rebuilt title. Also, these cars have significantly lower resale values due to this reason and some places wont even finance them. Also, if looking at rebuilt have it inspected to make sure the rebuild was done properly. As far as mileage as long as the proper maintenance was done theres plenty examples of high mileage s2k's. What price range are you trying to be in for the car? Would help decide whats feasible and what isn't.
It will be the first car I can call mine. I do have experience with vehicles and I do know how to drive manual. Hopefully things will be good .I'm looking at the $10-12k mark. Title doesn't matter to me, as least I don't think it does. I'm looking to buy off Craigslist Los Angelos
Old 09-28-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by PasswordDuk
Originally Posted by mongomery1234' timestamp='1443424214' post='23759458
It will be the first car I can call mine. I do have experience with vehicles and I do know how to drive manual. Hopefully things will be good .I'm looking at the $10-12k mark. Title doesn't matter to me, as least I don't think it does. I'm looking to buy off Craigslist Los Angelos
10-12 can fetch you a decent clean title with that kind of budget I would avoid rebuilt unless you know for sure it was done properly and you are getting it for a steal. Or you plan on keeping the car for the rest of your life and don't care about resell value. They are amazing cars to get into though make sure you post some pictures when you pick one up!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:21 AM

I sort of agree with mongomery1234, I'm 24 years old now and am glad that the s2000 was not my first car, especially my tail-happy AP1 (no my tires are never bald). I've had my fair share of cars but I was really glad I got into a Prelude first to beat around in which (I feel) made me respect the s2000 more. I was able to snag my car for a GREAT price, however I'm on the opposite coast. If budgeting 10-12k on the car it will be best if you can have cash in hand before you're ready to go out and purchase so you can aggressively get a good deal on a clean title and hopefully less than 120k miles AP1 in pretty solid condition in California.