Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

GOT 3 WEEKS TIL NEW CAR NEED HELP!

Old 03-31-2006, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOT 3 WEEKS TIL NEW CAR NEED HELP!

hey guys, I am now officially picking up a new s2000. I am debating on either the 05 or the 06. I can find both brand new from the dealer so that wont be the problem. I would like to know everyones opinion on which one i should get. I heard the 06 has a dbw that lags on the throttle response, so that makes me want the urge for the 05, but i heard that the vsa can be turned off and it will be ok. But i still would like to hear everyones opinion. Thank you.

- I am looking for a nice weekend car, and some great throttle.
- Most likely i will have friends to go either drag/tracking.
- Normal driving will basically be pushing it here and there, not much of a touge person.
- Oh and one more thing, if the dbw is a very big difference or a noticable change in speed, then more likely 05 it is. sorry =P
Old 03-31-2006, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your info is flawed and many people on the board will prob flame you in the morning.

i'd tell you to get a used 04 and save a ton of money. there is nothing bad about the 06 dbw.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:20 AM

DBW might be bad if you want to mod alot.

From what I seen 2005 dyno pretty well.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

06 has more creature comforts (minor details...) mini glove box in the dash and standard rollhoop speakers, along with the new wheels (love em or hate em)... I have not heard of anyone that has DRIVEN an 06 who has complained about dbw. I am not aware of any engine/driveline/suspension changes (other than vsa and dbw) between 05 and 06.

EDIT: wait, your dealer has both; have you driven them back to back to compare? Ultimately you should make your own decision on this...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 05 will be cheaper and since their arn't THAT many changes except for the minor changes stated above, get the 05 if they have the color you like, if they don't then get the 06.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really depends on the coin saved if going with an 05 (actually, color choice would be a bigger factor for me). The 06 has better looking wheels IMO, they've found a perfect solution for head speaker placement, added a mini slot "glovebox" (better than nothing) and the VSA (which can be turned off). I see the VSA as a bonus. Added source of stability is at hand when driving in "iffy"conditions.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You will get opinions on both sides of the coin. As you've seen, there have already been votes for both. You really want to take the advice of a bunch of strangers on the internet on how to spend 30 something THOUSAND dollars?
Grow some of these and make your own choice:

Judging from this statement, you've been listening to the wrong people as this has already been talked about and largely disproven. You wanna listen to more people? You haven't been having too much luck listening to them so far.
I heard the 06 has a dbw that lags on the throttle response
Base on your other criteria, these are not things that would distinguish between an '05 and an '06 anyway. You're back to square one. Do you have any Tarot cards?

I hope your next quesion isn't going to be: "What color should I get?"
Old 04-01-2006, 10:32 AM

Sorry about the post last night, just came back from a 2 hour drive, and could not think about the comparison on the two cars. To start this off I saw some dealers with 05's and mainly alot with 06. Yes i did not drive them yet, but the dealers with the 05 is a little out of my reach but well worth the drive if i found out that the 05 is little bit better in peoples opinion. I am planning to go test drive the cars next week with my dad. So the reason for this post is just i am really excited about my new future purchase and want to hear from owners from the 06 model. I know people will respond by saying " well you said you will test drive, so why not find out yourself. OR say like its all on your preference." Well i rememeber a few post awhile back saying that the 06 is a messed up year this and that, that the dbw messed up the heritage of the S. Sorry if i caused alot of flamers in this post its just i could not really think and excited at the same time.
Btw i they have the colors i want in both years.

thank you guys for understanding my point of view.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:16 AM

if u dont plan on driving in the rain just get an 05
Old 04-01-2006, 11:29 AM

just get the 06...best S2000 yet and it's a year newer.

Quick Reply: GOT 3 WEEKS TIL NEW CAR NEED HELP!