Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Future owner of an S2k

Old 04-13-2013 | 07:51 PM

Default Future owner of an S2k

Hey guys!

My name is Alex. I currently do not own an S2k but thought I would join this forum anyways as I plan to buy one very soon.

First a little bit about me.

I am not much of a car guy. I more more into motorcycles. I actually got referred to this form by ny450 as we are both members on a stunt forum. I am from the Boise Idaho area and work as a graphic designer/product developer at FLY Racing. I also work freelance as an illustrator and create anything from t-shirt designs for bands such as Alice Cooper to Sprocket designs for 5th gear sprockets.

I first fell in love with the S2k when I was in middle school. Although it's kind of a ricer reason I first saw this car in "Fast and Furious" and thought it was awesome! (yes the pink one)

Since then it has been the only car I ever liked as I really don't care for cars.

I am currently saving up a little for a downpayment and getting a loan on an S2k. So very soon I shall finally own one.

I will probably not be posting too much until then, but I will be lurking and learning from everyone here.

I just thought I would register and say hello.

I hope to stay here and learn from all of you and share your love for this beautiful car!
Old 04-13-2013 | 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by PoltART
Hey guys!

My name is Alex. I currently do not own an S2k but thought I would join this forum anyways as I plan to buy one very soon.

First a little bit about me.

I am not much of a car guy. I more more into motorcycles. I actually got referred to this form by ny450 as we are both members on a stunt forum. I am from the Boise Idaho area and work as a graphic designer/product developer at FLY Racing. I also work freelance as an illustrator and create anything from t-shirt designs for bands such as Alice Cooper to Sprocket designs for 5th gear sprockets.

I first fell in love with the S2k when I was in middle school. Although it's kind of a ricer reason I first saw this car in "Fast and Furious" and thought it was awesome! (yes the pink one)

Since then it has been the only car I ever liked as I really don't care for cars.

I am currently saving up a little for a downpayment and getting a loan on an S2k. So very soon I shall finally own one.

I will probably not be posting too much until then, but I will be lurking and learning from everyone here.

I just thought I would register and say hello.

I hope to stay here and learn from all of you and share your love for this beautiful car!
I come from a motorcycle background as well The S will remind you of a bike with 4 wheels. You'll love it!
Old 04-13-2013 | 09:01 PM

Hello, and welcome. I hope you find just the right S for you.
Old 04-13-2013 | 10:14 PM

Always nice to see other graphic designers!
Cheers
Old 04-13-2013 | 11:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys!

AP1 Driver, I actually heard that before in a video. Seems exciting!

I am hoping to have the S2k as a daily driver once I get it. Sometimes the snow gets a little harder here in Idaho; on those days I am considering using my Lancer. But other then that I want to have a car that I will love riding every single day. At the moment the Lancer is just a car I got a good deal on and is a commute car that I have no love for. My motorcycles on the other hand I love riding every day! So I want to have a car I can enjoy that much!
Old 04-14-2013 | 04:48 AM

Welcome!
Old 04-14-2013 | 06:34 AM

Welcome.

What kind of S2000 will you be looking for? AP1 or AP2?
Colour?
Modified or stock?
Old 04-14-2013 | 08:50 AM

You know I am unsure about AP1 or AP2. They don't look too different (to me.) So honestly either one that I can get a good deal on would be fine. Both look great.

Colour, I plan to get a white one. Odds are I probably won't find a white one so if anything I will just repaint it. My plan is to have it white with candy blue accents. I want to get a roll cage (safety) so that is one item I plan to powdercoat candy blue.

Well, I will probably do a few mods such as exhaust, filter, and other small performance upgrades; But I am not too much into racing so I don't care to go out performance wise. I just want it to look nice and work for a long time.

Plus all my adrenaline I get out on my motorcycles heh.

All in all I am still learning a lot and have a lot more to go. I just know I wanted one of these cars since I was a teenager and the stars are finally aligning where I will be able to get one soon enough. It's exciting!
Old 04-14-2013 | 10:01 PM

Welcome to the site man.

Originally Posted by PoltART
1. You know I am unsure about AP1 or AP2. They don't look too different (to me.) So honestly either one that I can get a good deal on would be fine. Both look great.

2. I want to get a roll cage (safety) so that is one item I plan to powdercoat candy blue.
1. Coming from a motorcycle background. I'd say get an AP1. Lighter than AP2's, 9k redline, no traction-control, no clutch delay valve, etc. More of a minimalists, drivers car.

2. Unless you will be using this as a track only car or will be riding around town with a helmet on, please do not get a roll cage. Get a 4-point roll-bar instead. Cages are dangerous & I don't want to see you get rear ended, jerk forward and slam your head into the solid metal bar. Slamming your head into the A-Pilalr would also hurt without a doubt, but you have greater chances of walking away without a concussion... & walking away alive for that matter.
Old 04-15-2013 | 01:44 AM

Quick Reply: Future owner of an S2k