Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

From Evo to s2k

Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Evo to s2k

Hello everyone! I currently drive a 2005 Evo 8 but she's getting up there in the miles. I haven't had a chance to drive an s2k yet but my best friend had one and I loooved it. For now the s2k is at the top of the list for replacing the Evo. Has anyone else here made the swap? Any regrets?

Thanks!!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Coming from a boosted civic I miss the raw power of a turbo. It does suck going from a fast car that makes alot of tq to such a torque less machine. I just purchased an s2k maybe like 2 weeks ago. And it's fun to drive but it sux when these evos and sti try racing me and I know I will get stomped when it used to be the other way around . I used to be the one picking on everyone.... now its the other way around haha
Old 07-24-2014, 06:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Evo-s2k
Hello everyone! I currently drive a 2005 Evo 8 but she's getting up there in the miles. I haven't had a chance to drive an s2k yet but my best friend had one and I loooved it. For now the s2k is at the top of the list for replacing the Evo. Has anyone else here made the swap? Any regrets?

Thanks!!
I owned an 05 STI and a slew of other turbo cars. never looked back since.

Originally Posted by superchargedk20
Coming from a boosted civic I miss the raw power of a turbo. It does suck going from a fast car that makes alot of tq to such a torque less machine. I just purchased an s2k maybe like 2 weeks ago. And it's fun to drive but it sux when these evos and sti try racing me and I know I will get stomped when it used to be the other way around . I used to be the one picking on everyone.... now its the other way around haha
I get this all the time, i just dont pay attention to them. i get ricer fly bys all the time, although if they are with me on an on ramp its a different story lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

OP Welcome

The struggle is real I know. #FirstWorldProblems

Old 07-24-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

S2k is great and even better if you have a 2nd car. makes the drive that much better. To me the S2k isn't practical for a DD since i drive pretty far to work. So my Honda Fit Sport gets the highway miles but when my days off come around and i hop in the S2 I'm all smiles :thumb up:

a friend of mine came from a XIII and said the one thing he loved about the S was the handling and the tightness. but he did miss his pssshhhh sound every so often lol
Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

I just kept both the torquey car and the S2000. Satisfies both 'needs'.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

^^^ SICK
Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cousin has an Evo 8 and when I drove it..Wow. I loved hitting Boost. Made me wanna buy one..
Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an '05 STi before and still miss it to this day. I'm considering picking up another one, or maybe an EVO to complement the S2k.

Quick Reply: From Evo to s2k