Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Deployed at the moment but looking to get an s2k

Old 05-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deployed at the moment but looking to get an s2k

Hi,
Im coming back to hondas again. Currently have an evo8 but got screwed from the dealership and sold me a POS that has to many problems and plus ive really wanted a S2K for a while. I am currently deployed with the army and will be returning in about a year and i am saving up for a S2k. I reside in WA and am looking for some type of tuner scene out there but no luck yet. if yall know of any pls hit me up.

I have a couple of questions regarding S2Ks

1) Which is better an AP1 or AP2?

2) Im looking for a nice front lip and rear diffuser any ideas on brands and names?

3) Turbo or Supercharger?

4) When i get the S2k what are some things that are a must get for it right away?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. This is really an opinion, while I love the way the AP2 looks, I prefer the AP1 just because of the 9,000 RPM redline. Everyone is different though. AP2 has more torque but I still couldn't feel any when I drove them Test drive them and see for yourself.

2. I've always just been a fan of the AP2 bumper with an OEM lip for overall look, value, and clearance but the Mugen front splitter looks pretty awesome if you want to check that out.

3. Another opinion, turbo will get you much more power but it's more expensive and reliability becomes a big issue. If it's a DD I'd go with a supercharger just from the money you'll save and the substantial power upgrade it still brings.

4. I can't stand the stock radio door, center console, or shift knob on the AP1 so I'd change those first, but audio is a big one as well. Also a little drop on the suspension never hurt.

Most of those are my personal opinions, but good luck finding the car for you
Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by common reactor
1. This is really an opinion, while I love the way the AP2 looks, I prefer the AP1 just because of the 9,000 RPM redline. Everyone is different though. AP2 has more torque but I still couldn't feel any when I drove them Test drive them and see for yourself.

2. I've always just been a fan of the AP2 bumper with an OEM lip for overall look, value, and clearance but the Mugen front splitter looks pretty awesome if you want to check that out.

3. Another opinion, turbo will get you much more power but it's more expensive and reliability becomes a big issue. If it's a DD I'd go with a supercharger just from the money you'll save and the substantial power upgrade it still brings.

4. I can't stand the stock radio door, center console, or shift knob on the AP1 so I'd change those first, but audio is a big one as well. Also a little drop on the suspension never hurt.

Most of those are my personal opinions, but good luck finding the car for you
Thanks, suspension and audio is probably the first things i will being doing. I was told that the engine in a S wont last long with a super charger? what is like perfect wheel specs i should look for that will give it a better look when lowered? cant decide what wheel size would look legit?

But thanks for the info much appreciated
Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 PM

search man...its all been covered before
Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinJohnson
Hi,
Im coming back to hondas again. Currently have an evo8 but got screwed from the dealership and sold me a POS that has to many problems and plus ive really wanted a S2K for a while. I am currently deployed with the army and will be returning in about a year and i am saving up for a S2k. I reside in WA and am looking for some type of tuner scene out there but no luck yet. if yall know of any pls hit me up.

I have a couple of questions regarding S2Ks

1) Which is better an AP1 or AP2?

2) Im looking for a nice front lip and rear diffuser any ideas on brands and names?

3) Turbo or Supercharger?

4) When i get the S2k what are some things that are a must get for it right away?

Welcome to the site!

1) AP1

2) lip - oem; rear diffuser - ebay has one that was designed with a guy on here

3) Depends, want big HP, turbo want 400ish with the same power band, SC

4) If you get an AP1, wheels...got to go to 17's