Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Aussie here, S2000 questions :D

Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie here, S2000 questions :D

Hey everyone,

My name's Trent, I'm 19 from QLD Australia. I'm new here and to the world of S2000's. I've steared clear of Honda's because I am not a fan of FWD, and have only recently started looking into S2000's. I used to (and still do) want an R34 GT-T. I've basically had to kiss my dreams of a skyline goodbye. I started uni this year, so I'm too broke for a car loan, and I've realised (way too late, lol) that I'm not in the right course, so I'm thinking of deferring until I'm a mature aged student, and pursuing journalism.

Anyway, my brother is in the construction game and has guaranteed me a job where I would be guaranteed to earn $1300 AFTER tax a week on average. Some weeks it could be up to $1600, the slow weeks would be $1000. Keep in mind this is all in my hand, after I've kissed a big portion of it goodbye to the government -.- So I'm fairly keen to take him up on this and if I do, I want to get a loan for a car.

You may ask why I want to get a loan? Well, I also want to invest in real estate whilst I am young, so I'd like to have a good credit rating.

Here comes the biggest question.... I have a couple of options that I am looking at.

A. Get a loan and "buy" an s2000, supercharge once off my P's (early february)
B. Wait and get a 34 GT-T (wanted one for ages)
C. Get a loan for the s2000, sell it when the time comes and get into a GT-T. Is there a way I can put my loan onto another vehicle? Or I could sell the car (with the owner being there to watch me pay the loan out) and get another loan for a GT-T.

For now I am interested in the S2000, I think it's a reasonably cool car, the only reason I don't like honda's is they are fwd, obviously the s2000 doesn't have this imperfection, lol.

How do they go stock compared to a 34 gt-t? Obviously the 34 is turboed and the s2000 is N/A, but they rev to 9 grand. I know the s2000 is faster, they don't have a speed cut and can get to 260, I'm more looking at torque/acceleration.

Can the s2000 slide? I think with the short wheelbase and the weight distribution it could, and I think it would be easier than a skyline, not 100% sure though, can someone enlighten me?
If I did go the supercharging route, what do you guys think would be the outcome?

Anyone with a car loan, could you give me a ballpark figure of weekly repayment prices? S2K's are going for mid 20k at the moment, so I've no idea how much I'd be looking at per week to pay it off.

I know this is a Honda forum, but please try to keep your opinions unbiased.

BTW, I have read the "Will it beat a skyline thread" and it didn't really shed light on anything.

How much would it cost to supercharge the S2k (keep in mind I'm in Australia), and is there a way to keep the boost at a level where it could be daily driven with reliability?

Thanks in advance, any and all replies are appreciated.

Regards,

Trent