Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

02 s2k here.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 s2k here.

i use to drive an integra for 4-5 years before it was finally stolen. waited a year and have now been balsy enough to pick up this s2k. Can honestly say i have the same fear with this s2k as i did the integra. while it keeps me on my toes it still puts fear in me of losing such an awesome ride. ive owned it only all of 7hrs maybe. Driven it 30 or so miles and can say its pretty awesome. even with my teg modded as it was it cant compare to the overall feel of this car, the power, and just the overall sexiness. I hope to own this for quite some time if im so lucky. first thing on my agenda is a timing chain tensioner and to get a really nice alarm for her. What do you guys recommend to keep her very safe for a long time?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

get a pager alarm and put and aextra battery hidden for the alarm. I added proximity as well but that became annoying after it gave me false alarms but it still helps. I would get a hardtop too if you park outside but thats an expensive detterence and if not just get a garage because i wouldnt ever leave my s2000 again in the streets with a soft top.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:28 AM

ya the hardtop is a little out of my price range. but im willing to get whatever badass alarm is out there. losing another car especially this one would mean the end for any other honda purchase.

I really am enjoying this car though, just an awesome daily driver it seems minus the timing chain tensioner i have to go replace soon. but i wouldnt get a wrx over this like i thought i would. cars just too tight feeling and very sleek
Old 07-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned

I have a clifford G5 770 and a Mugen hardtop. All i got to say is I sleep well at night.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 PM

who did the install on your 770? what do they have to tap into and such?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome... post pics when you get the chance!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:51 PM

posting pics is something im very weary of because last time i posted up threads and pics my car got stolen very quickly. I do plan on reading alot of these forums and getting to know people. I know enough about integras and other models. not very much on s2000s though. so any advice, info is always helpful
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome 2 da club.

I suggest an aftermarket hub/quick release/steering wheel combo to ease your mind about the theft issue. Cant steal a car u cant steer right? Its much more effective than an alarm imo. Your typical installer will put the alarm under the dash on the driver side. Most thieves know this and can locate/disable your 'expensive' alarm in no time. If u really wanna lock it down than u can purchase a hub lock as well and it will prevent someone else with a similar setup throwing their steering wheel on and driving off.

I also suggest getting some seats locks and window decals as one of the main reasons our cars are targeted is for the seats. U can PM member Kodokan_4 here for a set of locks. The window decals is a deterrent letting thieves know that your seats are locked down and is cheap insurance against a thief slashing your top only to find out then that u have seat locks.

I have everything I suggested to you above and let me say, I have peace of mind.

Here's a photo of my quick release setup. I have a hub lock as well which isn't pictured but it goes on the hub and locks with a key.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That's understandable. Take off both your license plates and post a picture from a neutral location far from your home

Quick Reply: 02 s2k here.