Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Woke up to find my car on Jack Stands...

Old 11-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats bullshit. . .I can't stand thieves. Thats a tough loss, I know most of us have felt that gut wrenching feeling when you noticed somebody has touched your car. I'll be knarking like crazy if i see those rims out and about.

This is why this island drives me insane, back home the theft rate on vehicles dropped substantially when they extended the boundaries of the Castle Law to your vehicle. . .They wouldn't be so inclined to steal shit if they knew they could get shot.

I hope everything bad that can happen to that person(s) in his lifetime, happens to him and nothing but him, sparing no graces from even god himself.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:29 PM

yeah, no joke. I carry a rod with me in my car every now and then incase i come into some complications.

btw, Channing still interested in fenders? i put my car back to stock and have some A-spec's sitting around =p
Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 PM

have no luck on craigslist either eryk....hopefully you find out whats going on...sucks to hear to that your wheels got jacked...never would have thought something like this would happen here in hawaii...i would have expected this in the mainland but dam not here...but dont let it discourage you from being an enthusiast when it comes to the s2k...you gotta have reslience...just because one thing set you back, it shouldnt discourage you from everything revolving your love for the s2k...yes...it may be a detrimental roadblock in your plans for a better machine but it should not set you back completely from saying the hell with the s2000 community...its a long and arduous journey that only the few and the proud can tackle on...dont take my advice but listen to what your heart tells you...thats the true enthusiasm right there....
Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM

^^nicely said

hope you find your rims and catch those thieves btw did you have wheel locks?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:40 AM

Stuff like this makes me sick, as a fellow service member, it makes it worse to me. People just assume that we all have these "great" paying jobs with benefits, but dont realize that half of us literally put our life on the lines to buy the things we do. Countless hours overseas, with your only connection to the real world is import tuner magazines, and the internet (if your lucky) and reading about car shows and events that you've missed. Just to come home and be able to afford parts you've read about, only to have them stolen. Sorry for the bitching, I usually never post on here (And yes I understand that we volunteered for the job). But this shit is getting ridiculous. I remember working on my friends integra in his garage on base one night. As we are both under the hood, we hear some one walking up. When we go to look up, we shocked the guy (I guess he thought the garage was empty) and he runs off to a car waiting down the road. It caught us soo off guard, that we didnt even think that he was trying to steal anything til the car took off. Stuff like that just sucks. I love hondas and was sad to leave my jdm hatch back in the mainland when we moved, so we I got here I found a deal on one and bought it. After the constant stare downs and being paranoid of losing my car, I gave up on trying to keep and and sold it to another military friend who really wanted it. I even installed a kill switch for her, told her what not to do, where not to park it, etc, etc. Not even 2 weeks later, the car gets stolen. I felt terrible for her, because insurance wouldnt pay her shit. They even hired a private investigator because her insurance company thought we were running a scam. The guy had the nerve to ask me if I stole the car back?!? Really?!? I told him that the car was probably parted out already and being traded and sold on craigslist or forumshawaii. He looked at me dumbfounded and asked what that was. This was from a former Honolulu police officer "that had an extensive background dealing with auto theft? Really, and you dont even know what craigslist is? They could care less about stolen cars. Its not a major crime. More work goes into the paperwork and trial for some teen that will only probably get probation that what its worth. So what does that teach kids, well that if you want to make a quick buck, dont go rob a bank, or steal from tourist at the beach, lol, go steal car parts and sell em. Even if you get caught, you'll be out with a slap on the wrist and its good money. 10 mins of your time to stay up late to steal some rims = around $1000 of straight profit. So what do we as car enthusiasts have left as an option? Its not just military getting robbed either I know. But it just sucks when good people get stuff stolen regardless who they are. I've never read of anyone really ever getting caught or going to jail for car theft? What happens to these people? Are they the same ones smiling in your face at car shows saying how "cherry" your car looks? Its a f@#king island?!? Are they driving these cars into the ocean? I mean f@#k. You can only paint over rims soo many times. I doubt they are shipping all of this stuff off the island. I feel horrible about your loss. And get sick to my stomach to think that you may even have to "buy" your rims back from the thief if they do get posted online. Ughh, sorry for the ranting and raving. I always hear you gotta pay to play, and its all part of the scene. Well in that case, Im just going to to strip club and making in rain once a month. If we're just throwing money away anyway, I might as well try to see some boobs while I'm at it. I hope you find your rims, but more important, I hope you keep your love for cars and dont give up on your hobby. My s2k is for sale for this very reason =(.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 AM

Wow, that's a lot to absorb.and I do want to keep the enthusiasm. What scares me is how well known I am by name and car. Peter was talking to someone and mentioned that a friend may be selling his car. Said I go to the cruises every once in awhile and immediately they replied. "Oh Eryk? I know him, his cars nice". My heart kind of sank and I feel like those cruises are the reason for my loss
Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Eryk
Wow, that's a lot to absorb.and I do want to keep the enthusiasm. What scares me is how well known I am by name and car. Peter was talking to someone and mentioned that a friend may be selling his car. Said I go to the cruises every once in awhile and immediately they replied. "Oh Eryk? I know him, his cars nice". My heart kind of sank and I feel like those cruises are the reason for my loss
But the guy actually knows u
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

at this point DTA (don't trust anyone). i would only share details about your s2 with friends only.
don't lose the passion. just gotta be more careful about who you associate with. fh/fh cruises are notorious for people casing cars
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 AM

I don't know them though peter.
And yeah I don't show anyone what I got. I don't even try to race anybody so they wont be able to gauge how much power or if I have a turbo or anythinf
Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by bouford
at this point DTA (don't trust anyone). i would only share details about your s2 with friends only.
don't lose the passion. just gotta be more careful about who you associate with. fh/fh cruises are notorious for people casing cars
yeah. I believe it. That's why I don't go to those.

Quick Reply: Woke up to find my car on Jack Stands...