Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Will 12 Grand Still Buy Me A Decent S In HAWAII?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 12 Grand Still Buy Me A Decent S In HAWAII?

Decided that i want my first S to be an original example that i can use and enjoy as a daily and not worry too much about it like a show car. So ive decided on a 12K budget to keep it realistic...maybe even a grand or two more if its REALLY worth it...but 12 is the magic number. been looking for a few months, but no luck yet...wether it be unknown suspension, engine issues or body work, theres always that "something" that makes me walk away from ones ive seen. im not expecting a garage queen for what i can afford, but is stock clean and ORIGINAL PAINT that hard to find now for an older AP1 here at home? There are a TON of deals on the mainland just browsing thru classifieds, but shipping one over is always harder than it may seem when you really get to the meat of it.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

12g will not get a s2k from what ive been seeing. might have changed within the past few months thought.

ppl asking like 14k-15k for their AP1's in mad whack condition. that pricing is mad CRAY !!!

i think someone sold a SALVAGE title Red Ap1 for 10K which KBB average was like $6800.

r u pho real? 10K for a SALVAGE title s2 ?!?!?!?! thats more than KBB for non salvage.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17 AM

I got mines at a decent deal the worst damage was the door slight dent on it 01 100k miles but completely stock you just have to be patient no rushing into but something you regret occasionally I believe someone makes fake posts of s2000 saying 02 low mileage for 10g slightly modified but if you email no response :/
Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by AIDENN
Decided that i want my first S to be an original example that i can use and enjoy as a daily and not worry too much about it like a show car. So ive decided on a 12K budget to keep it realistic...maybe even a grand or two more if its REALLY worth it...but 12 is the magic number. been looking for a few months, but no luck yet...wether it be unknown suspension, engine issues or body work, theres always that "something" that makes me walk away from ones ive seen. im not expecting a garage queen for what i can afford, but is stock clean and ORIGINAL PAINT that hard to find now for an older AP1 here at home? There are a TON of deals on the mainland just browsing thru classifieds, but shipping one over is always harder than it may seem when you really get to the meat of it.
to be honest, no. perhaps a ap1v1 with high mileage. the price of s2ks have stabilized ever since they ceased production.

you can use kbb as a reference but a stock ap1 will be hard to come by. glad i found my03 in 07 completely stock with warranty and 1st owner.
bought for 18K, kbb says she's worth 16K. not bad depreciation for 4~5 years later. at the time there were only two ap1v2s for sale

just be patient. you will find something you like eventually. definitely up the budget to $16-17K and you will find a ap1v2. gl!

btw in that price range bryan's 03 is probably the best deal. sos sc'd with gearing is the way to go. but stock is good too. once the mod bug hits... you won't be able to stop
Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 PM

be smart and patient. if you think its a good deal then you should pay up for what its worth. you'll always get what you pay for
Old 11-14-2011, 08:50 AM

well, after much consideration, im thinking of spending a bit more for the right car...maybe an AP2. honestly i really want a low mileage S i can really enjoy for myself for years to come, even if it does cost me 20 grand
Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

you'll find there are some ap1 parts that work better for ap2 and vice versa

two gpw 06's on craigslist atm
Old 11-14-2011, 02:29 PM

Mileage is almost a joke on a Honda muahaha they have an accord with 1 million miles haha c'mon now!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to sell my S2K...but not here on Maui. I wouldnt be able to handle someone else on the island driving it. 01' with 62K hardly droven
now that I have a jeep. =)
Old 12-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just don't jump stright into the first one you see. I waited 4 months to find the one for me and i think i got a steal on it. spent alittle over the 12 you wanted to spend but it was worth it. I got a 2000 silverstone with only 38k off some old lady for 14k. For the year and miles i dont think it will get much better for pricing.

Quick Reply: Will 12 Grand Still Buy Me A Decent S In HAWAII?