Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

why arent there more S2000's at the track? Part II

Old 01-04-2003, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with 22 members in the hawaii region, i dont see any s2000's at the track.

SCCA, 1/4 Mile, Lapping Sessions........

i know colin use to scca, but what about the rest?

it would be nice to see more out there. the suby guys all go out to tracks together, i think thats so cool.....

after all this is a car that was designed to be driven right?
Old 01-04-2003, 04:12 PM

I feel I've accomplished what I wanted to do at the track. I have three consecutive A Stock points titles, and two consecutive Runoff titles. Fran's spin towards the end of 2001 dampend her enthusiasm for racing at HRP, though a return to autox (at a suitable location) is not out of the question for her. I see from the results that someone took an S2000 to autox in Dec. Practice makes perfect, and tires help tremendously, but it should be noted that the last time I was out there, I was 4 seconds faster than Jayson in his M3, and 7th out of 60 in raw times. See here
So MKH, old men and ricers don't own me!
Old 01-04-2003, 05:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Colin
[B]
Old 01-05-2003, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by Silvers808
with 22 members in the hawaii region, i dont see any s2000's at the track.

SCCA, 1/4 Mile, Lapping Sessions........

i know colin use to scca, but what about the rest?

it would be nice to see more out there. the suby guys all go out to tracks together, i think thats so cool.....

after all this is a car that was designed to be driven right?
I know what you mean, it's somewhat a similar case in S. cali, but due to there being more s2ks, there are more that see the track/auto-x so I guess the ratio would be similar, compare # of s2ks sold to # that go to track events and # that go to shows. There will always be the different crowds/mentality towards how a car should be used. To each his own but I personally believe the car should be driven and used. There is so much fun in pushing a car to its limits, I just don't see that fun when putting the car up for display. This is just my .02 cents and again to each his own. This is a public forum so opinons can be expressed but my guess is attacks against members is not tolerated.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:42 PM

Thread cleaned up. Please don't post flame wars.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:09 PM

Silvers808, I won't track my car at Hawaii Raceway Park because of the dangers Fran ran into. If they had a safer track like say at Barber's Point, then I would be interested. As for 1/4 mile racing, I don't feel the need to dump my clutch at 6000+ rpm. I would be interested in watching others at the 1/4 mile strip though as I'm curious to what times they're getting.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about calling that guy an idiot but he had it coming to him. I really don't care what he has to say as it holds no value what so ever. I get this here as well. A lot of snobby teens wanting to race and getting upset when you do beat their civic or whatever and then they try and run you off the road.
Its ok though I am used to it and so are some of the other members.
I am not going to post as much anymore as these forums IMO are going down hill. I will still help members as I get several PMs a day regarding help with wheels and lowering.
I hope you had a safe holiday.
Have a good one..
Old 01-06-2003, 03:58 AM

Whoa!! I don't check the site for a couple of days and look what goes down.
I really resent what MKH wrote, but I'll try not to let what's written on the web get me down. Maybe because it hits so close to home since I'm considered both, old man or ricer, depending on who you talk to...

Truth is, I want to track my S, but my schedule does not allow it. I went to check out Colin and Fran at the local SCCA one time before they stopped going, but I have to work the weekends and that's the only time they run. And quarter mile runs worries me since dropping the clutch is the only way to get really good times.

I want a release for my need to VTEC, but for now, all I've got is the freeway on-ramps and my occasional foray into the dark side
Old 01-06-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by smccurry

Truth is, I want to track my S, but my schedule does not allow it. I went to check out Colin and Fran at the local SCCA one time before they stopped going, but I have to work the weekends and that's the only time they run.
do you work on the 12th? there is a auto x coming up this weekend.....let me know
Old 01-06-2003, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by Silvers808

do you work on the 12th? there is a auto x coming up this weekend.....let me know
Yes, I work on Sundays. I'm actually off on that Saturday though (11th). Is there anything going on Saturday?
Are they still auto X'ing at HRP? What time are you planning on heading down?
I've heard that there are things to hit other than cones with the SCCA set up at HRP and that some have caused several thousand dollars of damage to their cars. I'm a newbie so this causes me concern. I would definitely like to check it out though.

Quick Reply: why arent there more S2000's at the track? Part II