Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Who wants a BBQ on Saturday July 6th?

Old 07-05-2002, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forget to bring a change of clothes if you guys want to go out on the kayaks, and your tennis racquets if you want to play tennis. If you want to play but have no racques one will be provided for you.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:25 PM

Can we get everyone else coming to post what food they're bringing??? So far it looks like we have:
2 Chickens dishes
Steaks
Sausages
Rice
another starch (noodles or potato salad, when my wife can figure out what she's making )
Desert
Drinks
Utensils/Napkins/Cups

I think that covers it from what I read out of this thread (and my god was this thread long!!!). I would still sugesst bringing your own backup drinks in case you prefer something that's not there (I know we're all picky right???). So smccurry, maybe you can scale down on the drinks you're bringing (for one, to save weight , and two so you can maybe bring a food dish or maybe a couple of bag of chips???). Don't know just thinking out loud.

Darth, do you have a big cooler there we can fill with ice for the drinks since I don't think a big cooler will fit into the trunk of a S2000.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by darth_2k
[B]Dont forget to bring a change of clothes if you guys want to go out on the kayaks, and your tennis racquets if you want to play tennis.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by rstark

I know I'm not playing tennis if your wife is!!!!
Uh-oh, does this mean we have a ringer among us?
No worries, I'll knock all of the tennis balls out of the field of play to lessen the impact of the slaughter (probably not even intentionally).
Old 07-05-2002, 04:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by darth_2k
[B]Dont forget to bring a change of clothes if you guys want to go out on the kayaks, and your tennis racquets if you want to play tennis.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by smccurry
I also have a pair of racquets, though I don't know how the string tension on them are since they haven't been played in at least a couple of years.
I just realized I don't even have a pair of shorts that I fit. At least I'll spare you all from the sight.
I'm pretty white myself, but if you're whiter than me, maybe we should play at night so you can illuminate the courts for us!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:44 PM

Yes, I think I have a cooler somewhere we can use. If not I am sure there is one at the house. If there is something we forgot we can just go over the Safeway about two mintues away. But I think we could use some chips! and Dip! heh see you guys tomorrow!
Old 07-07-2002, 02:07 AM

Hi, I just got back from the outting and I wanted to thank everyone who made it to the event. The food was good, and the fellowship was excellent, tennis was.... well... interesting, and Cranium was very funny. I can still see colin doing the mermaid inpersonation! We should do this more often. Anway, thanks again to those who brought food. I hope the rest of you had a good time also. No Star Wars Trivia Pursuit though. How sad. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:40 AM

Hey Darth, thanks again for letting us use your grandparent's place. My wife and I had a great time. Let's see, I got by butt kicked in tennis, caught nothing fishing except a crab, and got a sunburn too. All in all, it was a great time, and loved playing Cranium. We were still cracking up on the way home about Colin's mermaid impression. Good job Colin!

Thanks for everyone who showed up, brought food and fun.

I'm up for another bbq, and looking forward to our rematch in Cranium.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:13 AM

Hey! It's JDMs2000's girlfriend, Cheryl. Anyway, Chris and I had a great time today! Only if I brought my tennis shoes...Shucks! Maybe next time though! It was nice meeting all of you! Much thanks! Until then....-Cheryl

Quick Reply: Who wants a BBQ on Saturday July 6th?