Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Who knows about suspension setups?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows about suspension setups?

so yesterday i was driving by my friend and he said that my front left tire was wobbling. so im either thinking that my rim is bent or there is something wrong with the suspension on that side. it could be many things but what im thinking is it is either my camber or toe is off balance or i need new control arms or camber plates. i dont think that its too bad, the only thing i can think of is its just gonna cause uneven wear and tear on my tire. granted im eventually going to regamasters when i can afford them but its just something that is adding to the amy winehouse effect of my ap1. so, hopefully someone out there can help me
Old 10-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

could be the rim, tire, shock, etc. you can take look at it yourself or take it to a shop. good luck.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=bouford,Oct 16 2008, 12:30 PM] could be the rim, tire, shock, etc.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 PM

do the free stuff first.

jack up the car and spin the wheel. you'll be able to see a bad rim. check to see if your wheel weights are still attached, etc. then start flexing the hub area, a-arm mounting points, etc. use a large screwdriver, prybar to look for work suspension parts. look for loose bolts as well. is your suspension modded? aftermarket suspension systems need periodical checking of bolts/fasteners.

if he can SEE that it is wobbling, it is very serious, and it's not just out of spec camber/toe/etc.

good luck. let us know what you find.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by kent-k,Oct 16 2008, 01:01 PM
do the free stuff first.

jack up the car and spin the wheel. you'll be able to see a bad rim. check to see if your wheel weights are still attached, etc. then start flexing the hub area, a-arm mounting points, etc. use a large screwdriver, prybar to look for work suspension parts. look for loose bolts as well. is your suspension modded? aftermarket suspension systems need periodical checking of bolts/fasteners.

if he can SEE that it is wobbling, it is very serious, and it's not just out of spec camber/toe/etc.

good luck. let us know what you find.
i dont know how to do half the stuff you just said as far as messing with the suspension...i can do the stuff you said in the beginning as far spinning the tire and everything and the suspension is not not modded at all its bone stock...i want to catch this before it becomes a serious problem...when i drive it doesnt pull to the left or right or anything like that...im going to the meet friday night so maybe some of y'all can show me what i need to do or give me some pointers cause im always down to learn anything that has to do with my car
Old 10-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

lets discuss friday. if someone is willing, maybe we go to a members house and look at it then.
i would volunteer my place but house rules say no working on cars in the parking structure.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=bouford,Oct 16 2008, 01:39 PM] lets discuss friday.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say take it to a shop to have it checked.

Does it happen everytime? Braking? Turning? Do you have aftermarket wheels? Is it actually wobbling or just feels like it is? It could be anything from loose lug nuts to warped rotors.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it's a "wobble" it could very well the rim is bent or out of round. if it is a "hop" it would lean more towards bad bushings or bent suspension components of some sort.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:04 PM

your friend let you know but you didn't feel it wobbling?

your steering wheel doesn't shake or anything i'm assuming right? is there any noises?

Quick Reply: Who knows about suspension setups?