Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Whew.....that was close, Mavrick, check your six!

Old 05-29-2003, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whew.....that was close, Mavrick, check your six!

Tonight I was motoring home along H-1 through Pearl City at a comfortable 67-70 mph when I ran into one of those rolling road blocks of cars all going 55. 55 in the fast lane, 55 in the middle lane, 55 in the next lane! Doesn't anyone pay attention to "slower traffic keep right?" Anyway, I move all the way to the right to go around, and the one of the dickheads now decides to speed up to keep me from getting in front. Well we don't drive S2000s for nothing so it's a quick shift to 4th, floor the throttle and I'm past in a flash and the big orange numbers show 85 as I make my way to the fast lane.

Then I see him.

A solo biker moving in for the kill... and it's me! I catch a glimpse of him moving behind a car to hide his headlights and blue markers. Too late, I'm already going down through the gears to get things slowed down to 60-62 mph and trying to drive 'casual'. A second later he's right on my tail and out of nowhere, another bike, this one without his blue lights on, is right next to him! Now I've got two right on my bumper and I'm doing my best to ignore them. All the traffic is slowed down, so I can't even move over to let them by without speeding up (probably not a good idea, all things considered). After a mile or so, the car next to me moves over one lane and the two bikes change lanes in unison and motor past. One drives by, but the other "glares" at me as he passes...swiveling his neck around to stare long after he's in front.

When I'm driving, I'm always watching behind me for a fast moving motorcycle, but I must have missed them till the last moment because they were riding side by side and looked like a car! Remember everybody, check your six!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:38 AM

Good story, wise words....Were you Ewa or Koko bound? I drive that H1 from Ewa to Hickam and Hickam to Ewa Monday thru Friday every week. If you were going Ewa Bound, I do that stunt all the time. It's funny how the far left lanes (the fast ones supposedly) get so jammed up when the two far right lanes are empty (everyone is going to Ewa not H-2)..I'll use those two right lanes smoking the congestion in the left three lanes right up till you have to make the split. Than I glide over to the far left lanes avoiding all that madness. I've been seeing an evil kenevil cop sitting on the side of the road alot by that split (koko head bound)....sucks cause I love smokin that turn...
Old 05-29-2003, 12:23 PM

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago...i was driving on H-1 towards pearl harbor/hickam afb at around 70-75....and as i'm driving past the airport i see a head popped up over the onramp which leads back on to H-1 from the airport.....well wouldn't you know, officer joe blow is being sneaky today! Next thing i know, he gets up, gets on the bike and the lights are flashing.....at this point i slowed down to about 50, pulled over to the right and all i see is him getting closer....at this point i'm pretty much pulled over, and then he pulls over SOMEONE ELSE who came out of nowhere! There was nobody behind me either - so he must have caught someone on the onramp.....that's the first time i'd seen a cop in that position - and a rather good position to be in to catch you..haven't seen one there since though.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by midnitetalon
[B]Good story, wise words....Were you Ewa or Koko bound?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:10 AM

Originally posted by Colin
Remember everybody, check your six!
i was on my way home tonight from pearl city and had a solo bike coming out of pearl city industrial. i was cruising it and went up the onramp doing about 35-40. when i began to merge onto the freeway he flew past me and went on his merry way. then i get off the freeway at kunia so that i could drop my friend at home. i look in my rearview again by wal-mart and see another cop. this time with his lights off and it was a 4runner. so i do 35 up the hill and turned right, cop followed. go down the street and make a left, cop followed. do 25 mph up the hill past colin's house and believe me that sucked. i do that for a good 1/2 mile then i turn down my friends street, cop is still following me light off. the cop then turned down another driveway to his house. i was like dayum, the anxiety was killing me. no tickets so i am still happy. i live to drive another day. lol
Old 06-03-2003, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by LOT-TECH

do 25 mph up the hill past colin's house and believe me that sucked. i do that for a good 1/2 mile then i turn down my friends street, cop is still following me light off. the cop then turned down another driveway to his house. i was like dayum, the anxiety was killing me. no tickets so i am still happy. i live to drive another day. lol
WTF, what are you doing leading them to my house! I have enough probems already! Don't bring them around me!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:24 PM

Good thing you weren't driving my car that night. There would have been no mercy shown!!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:02 PM

Muwaaaa haaaa beat them again today! Merging on to the freeway (kunia onramp) around noon today, and was quickly up to 65-70ish in light traffic. Suddenly I come up on a stack of slow moving cars by Waikele. They bring me down to 50 or so, and I move around them. As I'm getting back to cruising speed, I see a pair of lights moving fast behind me. I'm off the gas and coasting down to 60-62 and the cop buzzes by me. Funny thing, he pulls up on the side of the road next to a stalled car. Great, now I have to watch behind me again! Sure enough, the same cop is passing me again at the stadium!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:36 PM

Your such a rebel