Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

where can i find

Old 02-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm....ok anyway inline pro has a cast manifold thats like 5 or 600 bucks. that wont crack. love fab has thier mini-me which is like 700 and top mount. i saw another log style stainless manifold somewhere but i dont really like logs but its a top mount.and i think a t25 might be a little small. you should try maybe a gt30 or something. there are different trims available if you want faster spool or high volume. you can check it out at atpturbo.com. im also piecing (did i spell that right ) together a kit. but its almost been a year and all i got is a head and sleeved block. but due to recent incedents my money is almsot gone and that could have been my crank, rods, and pistons and possibly an intake manifold. anyway i have also seen the OBX manifold on ebay which looks like a full race copy. but i dont know if i would buy that...but its cheap!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow ur going for fully built turbo..i just wanted to keep the motor stock and run a small turbo..and boost low psi maybe 4 or 5lbs or sumthing..im not going to try for that fast but just a lil bit more boost you know..haha..but thanks for ur info bro..
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well you may as well get a slightly bigger turbo and boost about 6-7 lbs. its safe and has been done many times. it will get you ~300hp to the wheels!

yea i wanna make 4-500 reliably and if anything goes wrong i want to be able to slap the stockie back in. and V-mount intercooler too!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Things you'll need for a basic kit:

manifold
downpipe
exhaust system
dump tube
Oil filter relocation
Oil cooler assembly
Turbo oil feed and return lines
Intake
Intercooler, with mounting brackets
Charge piping
all clamps/couplers
Turbos: Garrett GT3071R, GT3076R, GT35R are all popular here
Wastegate
Blow Of Valve
AEM EMS 30-1052 (or 30-1052U)
high-impedence injectors, something like 500cc
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Fuse box relocation
Misc. hardware
gaskets
Gauges, AEM UEGO Wideband Band O2 is very good to have and so is the AEM serial gauge
Gauge pod
Heat shields

Expect $8,000 grand for parts and be glad if you manage to pay a little less. Also, this is only for a low boost application at like 7 psi, if you want more boost then you need to add:

head gasket
larger injectors, more like RC 750cc now
new map sensor
new tune
boost controller
clutch upgrade

and if you want a lot more boost plan on building the block and the head.

Next you have install fees if there's something you can't do yourself. I did my LoveFab kit in my garage and it took me a couple weeks. However I've built cars before and I have a good garage full of tools. If I cant find or do something in my garage I can go to the military auto hobby shop where I can use lifts, welders, paint booths, and any other tool I could possibly need.

Now you have to tune your kit, and good luck finding a good AEM tuner for a turbo S on this island. I used John Reed who flew in from the mainland and I had to split his expenses with the Supra group. The only other tuner I know of works with the guys over at Sonics.

Finally, plan for something to go wrong. Things like oil starvation to the head due to messed up oil lines or a broken timing chain gear can and do happen, and they'll really mess you up if you don't have an emergency fund. I had an emergency fund of $2000 and had to spend all of it plus much more when I destroyed my head. If you spend all of our tax dollars (your unemployment checks) on building your car up and your motor blows then what? You can't drive it, can't sell it, can't afford to fix it, so what now? Something to think about before you go nuts on minimal funds.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
tru

theres also a fullrace mani. once you go turbo its hard to drive a n/a car
Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by vfarkas,Feb 13 2007, 12:39 PM
Oooh yes that is priceless.

To skanktwo: That's pretty awesome that you are going to make and install most of your stuff. It takes skill and precision to do all that. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into before you start on this project. I guess you did do your research so good luck. Oh yeah and i'm not RICH, just good with my money. Also, this is how you spell "piece".
Skanktwo deleted a couple of his post, but to clear things up for everyone, he said he was going to slowly piece (but he kept spelling it "peice") everything together, make some of the parts, and install it himself. He also said he isn't "rich like you guys" so try not to give him so much hassle cause you know all of us here are millionares (sarcasm).
Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Here is an easier sollution sell your car & buy Joey's its all done all you need to go FAST or get BOST happy with
Old 02-13-2007, 02:46 PM

man u keep getting wiser and wiser
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 PM

whos joey
Old 02-13-2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 02s2kris,Feb 13 2007, 01:44 PM
Here is an easier sollution sell your car & buy Joey's its all done all you need to go FAST or get BOST happy with
sounds like a viable, cost/time effective plan to me.

Quick Reply: where can i find