Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

warped rotor

Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warped rotor

so how do you tell if its warped without taking it off? i hear clicking sounds when im driving and would something like a warped rotor make it seem like you have a bent rim or it wobbles when you drive?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 AM

With a warped rotor, you'll feel the steering wheel shake when you're braking. I had this problem in my Accord.

I'm not sure if a warped rotor is causing your clicking noise though. does it happen when you're driving at all times, even if you're not braking?

Make sure your lugnuts are all tightened down too
Old 12-17-2008, 11:50 AM

as kuso said, you should be able to feel it while applying pressure to the brakes. for a visual check, warped rotors show inconsistent brake pad contact on the rotor face. look for high spots, discoloration, etc.

search the s2ki tech forums for the topic of REAR HUB BEARING. the rear bearings on many ap1's are not tight enough from the factory. over time they start failing and the first sign is a clicking from the rear hub.

that's the only clicking related thing i can think of right now
Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kent-k,Dec 17 2008, 12:50 PM
as kuso said, you should be able to feel it while applying pressure to the brakes. for a visual check, warped rotors show inconsistent brake pad contact on the rotor face. look for high spots, discoloration, etc.

search the s2ki tech forums for the topic of REAR HUB BEARING. the rear bearings on many ap1's are not tight enough from the factory. over time they start failing and the first sign is a clicking from the rear hub.

that's the only clicking related thing i can think of right now
no my lugs are torqued down properly...steering wheel doesnt shake when i brake...the clicking noise is in the general area of my right front wheel and its consistent with speed...slow when im going slow and faster as i accelerate...even as i am in neutral and coasting it is still the same...im wondering if it has something to do with my shocks or bushings maybe???
Old 12-17-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe you have a nail in the tire?
kent isnt talking about your wheel lugs he is talking about that big nut in the center of the rear wheel. sometimes that nut wasnt tight enough and needs to be re-tightened
Old 12-17-2008, 01:42 PM

if it's speed dependent, then like taka said, prolly a nail or you flatspotted a ball in the bearing
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by kent-k,Dec 17 2008, 02:42 PM
if it's speed dependent, then like taka said, prolly a nail or you flatspotted a ball in the bearing
too loud to be a nail...what can i use to tighten it cause i sure as hell dont have a tool that will do that job aside from a big ass wrench...i was planning on swapping out the the rotors in the first place...and as far the bearings...ugh i hate changing those cause well i dont exactly have an arbor press just lying around lol
Old 12-17-2008, 03:11 PM

the front bearings on our cars are HUGE!! i can't see one failing from regular use. have you gotten under the car yet?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:54 PM

Sounds like a bearing, but I agree with Kent.^^^
Old 12-18-2008, 06:45 AM

okay so the clicking noise goes away when i apply the brakes and as far as getting under the car i don't have a problem doing that i just don't exactly know what im looking for

Quick Reply: warped rotor