Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Vortech S2000

Old 04-25-2003, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech S2000

Hey guys!

I'm posting for a friend of mine who just bought the S2000 from Vortech Engineering. It's the company car that was featured in numerous magazines you may have all seen. The car was just shipped in this week. He was wondering if there was anyone else on the island that has the Vortech Supercharger and what header works best in conjunction with the supercharger. Appreciate any input on this! Aloha.

Donovan
www.xhift.com
Old 04-25-2003, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody else has a SC on island. A couple of us looked into getting one this year but decided to pass due to several problems a couple of the kits had. Infact I was very close to buying the Comptech kit but went with a hardtop along with upgraded brakes.
I heard on one of the other posts that you can use the Toda header for decent gains. Infact you can PM Skychicken. He has the Vortech SC with Toda header...Hope this helps you out..
Old 04-25-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a Vortech S/C'd s2000 here on the Big Island! Wow, don't tell me that we actually have something on this island before Oahu. The kit is nice!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:45 PM

Didnt know that. You really dont need a supercharger here on the islands.
Where are you going to go?
Old 04-26-2003, 02:40 AM

Originally posted by JDMs2000
Nobody else has a SC on island. A couple of us looked into getting one this year but decided to pass due to several problems a couple of the kits had. Infact I was very close to buying the Comptech kit but went with a hardtop along with upgraded brakes.
I heard on one of the other posts that you can use the Toda header for decent gains. Infact you can PM Skychicken. He has the Vortech SC with Toda header...Hope this helps you out..
What problems have you heard of? I went for a ride in it the other day and I tell ya, it was wicked! I'll do more research into the header, but thanks for the info!

Donovan
www.xhift.com
Old 04-26-2003, 09:28 AM

One of the moderators posted this a while ago...

"Use the "search" feature on the board for Comptech or supercharging. Problems with broken alternator brackets and rear differentials most recently. Contact Wesmaster as he is the pioneer in pushing the unit to the limit...."
Regards
Utah

I heard the same thing from several board members about rear diff. failures. Anyway hope this helps you out..
Old 04-26-2003, 04:51 PM

Rear diffs break on stock cars. It really comes down to how hard you launch it, IMO. I figured there might be some S/C S2000 in Hawaii. I wouldn't have guessed it was on the Big Island though!

I would second the recommendation on the Toda header. Seems like only positive posts so far (no personal experience though).
Old 05-01-2003, 02:41 PM

Donovan, How much did your friend pick it up for?? I was eyeing it up when I saw it for sale on the board. Let me know when you guys go cruising , I'd like to come along and see it in person. Thanks!!

King
Old 05-05-2003, 11:49 AM

I'm not sure what he got it for but he did say that with all the aftermarket parts already on the car, he got a really good deal. Here's a quick pic for you all.

Donovan
www.xhift.com

Old 05-05-2003, 11:54 AM

Looking good!
Just need to scratch the stickers and it will be good to go. Very clean..

Quick Reply: Vortech S2000