Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Vacation in Hawaii

Old 09-09-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMwhore,Sep 9 2004, 12:23 PM
9-11 to 9-18
Cool, I'll be there till the 15th. It will be my first time to Hawaii. I have no idea, what to see or do. I just need the vacation and hope to take a lot of good pics. I know I'm gonna be lost all over the island. I'm not staying in Oahu, so I wonder if that will be a bad thing.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by S2K Fan,Sep 9 2004, 05:21 PM
Cool, I'll be there till the 15th. It will be my first time to Hawaii. I have no idea, what to see or do. I just need the vacation and hope to take a lot of good pics. I know I'm gonna be lost all over the island. I'm not staying in Oahu, so I wonder if that will be a bad thing.
not necessarily. if you just wanna chill on the beach and have a really laid back vacation, you're better off on any island but oahu. last thing you wanna do is spend your vacation in traffic...
Old 09-09-2004, 10:41 PM

My mistake I meant to say I'm not staying in Waikiki. I will be in Honolulu somewhere. I need maps!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:14 PM

My suggestion is to rent a car and just drive around Oahu for a day. Bring your swimming gear, sun screen etc. and stop when you see something you are interested in. If you like historic stuff, start by heading out west and stop at the Bishop museum and then go further west and stop at the Arizona Memorial. There is also Punchbowl which is a neat place to visit, your going to wish you had your s2000 since the road going there is lots of fun. After your visit at Pearl Harbor you can continue west and then take the H-2 north towards the north shore On the north shore of Oahu there are lots of neat beaches to visit and in Haleiwa town, there are some nice places for lunch. Such as Haleiwa Joe's. Plan to get to the north shore at about lunch time and drive down the east side of the island making stops at kualoa beach park, great place to take pictures at, next head towards kaneohe and stop at the Valley of the Temples. Nice place to take a break and check out a large temple, many weddings held here, just a nice place to look at. Now make your way through Kaneohe town and then go to Kailua and spend some time in Lanikai, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Not to mention some of the most expensive real estate. After Lanikai/Kailua, work your way into Waimanalo and stop at Makapuu. If you like hiking, hike to the lighthouse. If you like sea life, there are tide pools, go durring low tide to see interesting sea life captured in low reef as the tide retreats back to sea. Or just go to Sea Life park across the street in you like to stay dry but still like to look at marine animals. If you like to just enjoy the view, go the the blowhole, please don't go into the blowhole, too many have died there recently, and just enjoy the view. If you are lucky enough, after the blow hole you can try to get into Hanauma bay. I agree with Rick, a neat place to visit, but maybe do it on a different day and come early! Or maybe do this trip backwards and start really early at Hanuama bay and work your way north from there. Anyway, after Makapuu and Hanauma bay you can head back to Waikiki from there. Lots of night life in Waikiki, but I will let others fill you in on that part, I am not much of a night life kinda guy.

Anyway, there is much more than that. If you are into mountain biking there are lots of great biking trails and bike shops where you can rent bikes from. If you like to hike then no need the bike just go hike! If you like naked women... ask Steve! jk!

There are lots of "free maps" and "activit guides" at the ariport and arround waikiki. I find them to be most helpful. Any golfers? If you plan to golf, I would suggest golfing on the neighbor islands, nicer, less crowded, and you get better treatment.

Tennis players? Check out Kapiolani park accross from the Waikiki Acquarium. Public courts, free, and open 24 hours!

Can you tell I am not a beach person? I was going like once a year till I had my son, now I go more often. But at Waikiki beach you can take surfing lessons and rent boards for a good price.

Anyway, nuff said. Have a great time!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:19 PM

Steve... Your input is required
Old 09-09-2004, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by S2K Fan,Sep 10 2004, 12:19 AM
Steve... Your input is required

Can Steve please post his suggestions
Old 09-09-2004, 11:26 PM

Thanks Darth!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:35 AM

damn lets just sticky darth's post and use that as the "i'm visiting hawaii, now what?" FAQ. nice post!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:10 AM

You guys didn't mention Pipeline, Sunset beach, Waimea Bay or Kana point. The best, biggest and most dangerous surf in the world
Old 09-10-2004, 04:01 AM

Preston.... I'll be heading to the airport in an hour, flying out of SFO. I don't know if my phone will work. I have some of the guys' numbers. Let me know who's going and where you guys are staying and I'll look for you or find me and we'll hook up or something. I'll be staying at the Kahala in Honolulu.

Marcus

Quick Reply: Vacation in Hawaii