Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Turbo..maybe...

Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo..maybe...

Turbo kit! I was just approved for a 5k loan and am planning on buying a Turbine kit lol. I was looking in the FI FS area and nothing really snagged my attention. I am looking for a complete kit other than Greddy. A lot of the kits for sale had a lot of stuff parted out lol so I didn't even want to bother. Plan B is to piece together a kit. I know Tyler is selling some of his old stuff but we couldn't come to a conclusion before he left; maybe when he returns.

My goal as performance wise is around 400-450hp. A kit that would be simple to apply rather than have to relocate, grind and remove stuff would be the better route for me. So whoever wants too jump on my bandwagon and help is welcome!

So I was just seeing if y'all could keep an eye out for me and what not, I already bought Bryans' Berks exhaust and it is going to sound great under FI. I am slowly going to piece together stuff that doesn't require the turbo to be on. Thanks everyone for stopping by and looking!

-Mark
Old 07-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

inlinepro, ptuning, and full race are some kits that are full kits, that do not require much relocating and can still push 400 whp +.

- Ptuning, i believe doesn't require any relocating but to be able to push high numbers, you need to spend high mulah. ptuning is based at about $6000 for the kit

- full race, pretty much is only relocate fusebox and battery. price is based at around $5000 but i think you still need ecu and more if youw ant mroe power.

- inline pro, i think is similar to ptuning but different set up, and i think you need the stage 2 kit to push 400 whp +.

-the benefit of the greddy kit though, is that it's a "full" kit that you can install, and already go. and there is room to open it up if you upgrade and pay for those upgraded parts.

that's about all i know on the top of my head as i was looking to go turbo, but am deciding to go s/c because of the reliability and the maintenance. but i dont want to stray you from your plans.

from what i learned (with the help of felipe and others), is the cheapest way is to buy a used kit, but you will still need to spend more to get what you WANT. i dont think you would be able to find that "perfect" kit especially if used. with 5k, you may not be able to do too much imo. again i dont want to hold you back, but i am offering my experience and what i seen, and i justw anted to share with you so you make the right choice of building your car the way YOU want it.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

ultimately, it depends on your budget. just remember to take that number and add 20%
i ended up upgrading things to push out a bit more hp and increase drive ability.

i see the neighborhood peace destroyer has found a home
Old 07-18-2011, 06:09 PM

mase?
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/801...+turbo__st__75

i think it's still for sale
Old 07-18-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sukeetoshyoo88
Hey good find! I PM'd him hopefully he does still have it!

Bouford, Yea the "monster" is super loud, hopefully once the turbo is layed down, it'll quiet up some!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Community Organizer

the mase kit it really nice. priced very fair and tuned out the box!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 PM

I really hope this guy hasn't sold it yet, and he didn't have the AMS EMS listed in the sale, but he also said that he didn't have everything out of the car yet. You have to tap the oil pan with this kit correct??
Old 07-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Community Organizer

doesn't look like it's included. what year is you s2k? thought you had an 06+
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM

I have an 05...so yea no plug and play did you see the posts that were made after mine??? Nobody had contacted him about the turbo kit for the entire time the thread was up, then all of a sudden as soon as I post something like 3 other people come out of nowhere with differant offers!!! lol Way to funny....
Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Community Organizer

yeah. haha. if there is no ems included i would probably just buy a new kit for $2000 more.
btw ems and tune will run you around about that much would recommend wideband and serial gauge too.

Quick Reply: Turbo..maybe...