Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Truck drivers

Old 07-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck drivers

Yesterday, I was driving on H1 west bound near Kahala. I was in front of this truck that seems to be a construction worker's truck cuz he got all these tool box in the back. I was driving maybe 5-6 cars space in back of him, suddenly I saw something on the road and it seems to be like some kind of silicone glue tubes and then a box. I ran over a tube, but I didn't notice it was from the truck in front to me. I continued to drive behind him and all of a sudden a fricken cooler came off his truck , I slowed down but not able to switch lanes because there are cars on the other lane. I hit the cooler, but since the cooler was traveling with speed, it didn't cause any damage to the S. Then I look closely to the truck and tail gate wasn't closed. I switched lane as soon as I can to prevent any further tool box or hammers flying off. It was a scary but also a good experience.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:00 PM

omg! good thing your car is ok.

yeah have the S is scary, when you got the top down you have to watch for stuff coming off other cars and rocks being kicked up by cars in front of you.

also when the top is up you cant drive behind people that are smoking cause when they ash it can burn/melt the top.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by NSRsinfuLangeL,Jul 6 2005, 01:00 PM
omg! good thing your car is ok.

yeah have the S is scary, when you got the top down you have to watch for stuff coming off other cars and rocks being kicked up by cars in front of you.

also when the top is up you cant drive behind people that are smoking cause when they ash it can burn/melt the top.
Good advice about the soft top . Since I have the hardtop, I have never took off the hardtop yet. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 PM

yikes that's really scary. yea, good thing everything's ok. one time when i was driving, there was an upside down table right in the middle of the freeway. good thing i saw it from far away and changed lanes!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:51 PM

in the past week, i've had three truck almost run me over switching lanes, one guy couldn't figure out where the honking sounds was coming from. he was looking straight out of his window, over my roofline and i was looking at his face whle honking the damn horn. he had no idea there was a little s on the side of him. sometimes i miss being in my truck.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:40 PM

oh yeah that reminds me. i was in a driveway behind a cab and both of us were droping people off. he got done first and started reversing back so i was honking a lot!!! cause he wasn't gonna stop!! what a jackass
Old 07-06-2005, 05:41 PM

respect the S bitchez
Old 07-06-2005, 06:48 PM

I've had a truck driver (Tractor Trailer types) drive off the side of the road to kick up rocks and roadside debris on to the roadway and into my path. I was able to change lanes to avoid most of the debris. Heard some of the small stuff bouncing under my car. I got stuck in traffic and he sped off.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the past week, i've had three truck almost run me over switching lanes, one guy couldn't figure out where the honking sounds was coming from. he was looking straight out of his window, over my roofline and i was looking at his face whle honking the damn horn. he had no idea there was a little s on the side of him. sometimes i miss being in my truck.
now you really have to watch out becasue your alot lower
Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 AM

^yup, thanks to taka and robert, now i can't get in my own driveway. i luv it.

Quick Reply: Truck drivers