Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

A touch of "Zaino" in Paradise

Old 09-05-2003, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A touch of "Zaino" in Paradise

Would like to publicly give "kudos" to our very own Zaino distributor man, "Joie." I didn't plan well enough and found myself in dire need of some ZXF (and Z-2, Z-6) Shot him an email; he promptly called me and found time to hook me up with the goods. Thanks Joie!...The funny thing is, I always feel like Im doing a drug deal when we rendezvous. Obviously nothing fishy is going on.....just feels naughty is all.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:55 PM

Rendezvous? Whoa, sound kinda kinky... I like!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:28 PM

Yeah, you should see what I do with the ZXF.....unreal!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:52 PM

Did any of you notice that the new reformulated versions are harder to take off than before? I'm finding Z2 to be a PITA now (I use it with ZFX), and I'm contemplating on switching back to wax.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:11 PM

Nope, haven't noticed. Do you polish inside or outside. I polish outside and allow the trade winds to do the drying for me. A couple of swipes with a large folded 100 % cotton towel takes off the haze. Must be a real pain if you're considering wax. What kinda wax would you switch to? The new Z-2 is the clearer pink stuff, correct?
Old 09-06-2003, 01:01 AM

I polish inside, but leave the garage door halfway open and let it dry either overnight or for an hour. The new Z2 is pink, the old was tan. The new Z2 also doesn't stick to the bottle when you shake it like the old one.

Yes, this is pretty bad. I have some old Z2 that I'll switch back to in the meantime. As for wax, I don't know. I used a lot of different ones before and I liked the Eagle One Wet Look (gloss and ease of use) the best. I no longer see that product on the shelves so I'll need to look for another. I have Beauty Shine 503 carnuba paste wax as my good old stand by.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:06 AM

Don't mind me guys for I'm about to ask a very stupid question.

How is Zaino different from other well-known wax/polish/glaze/sealant products?

I currently use Zymol Titanium which is applied by hand (bare hand) which takes some time to do, but since I don't have to do the top, I have to count my blessings for that.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:32 AM

I was using Zymol Destiny before I switched to Zaino. IMO Zaino lasts longer, has a better shine and is easier to remove. The only 2 things better about Zymol are the interesting fact that it's so pure you could eat it, and the look on peoples face when you tell them the Desitny costs $396 for 8 oz.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:44 AM

RStark; I have an old bottle of Z-2 in front of me and a new bottle. The old bottle has a pink cap and pink formula. The new bottle has a white cap and pink formula. The obvious difference between the two bottles isn't the red and white cap, but the consistency of the contents. The old bottle is darker pink and more viscous. The new bottle is lighter pink and ver runny. I'm headin over to barbers point this saturday morning to apply Z-2/ZFX. I hope I don't encounter the problems (PITA) you have. I've probably applied 15 different coats of Z-2 to my "S" and never have had to wait more that 10 minutes before toweling off. I'll post my experiences afterwards.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:53 AM

Had no problem wiping off the "New" Z-2 this morning. Matter of fact, I think this stuff hazes quicker than the old stuff. I didn't use the ZFX this morning; maybe that's why I'm having more success than RStark. Anyone else having a problem with the soft top coming apart? When I'm sitting in the driver seat, directly above and behind me, there is this piece of fabric that extends and wraps around the bar that runs across the width of the interior. This piece has come loose from the bar (i believe it was stiched or glued,) and is now just unsightly and a possible problem down the road. Any one with this happening to them?

Quick Reply: A touch of "Zaino" in Paradise