Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Tony Honda

Old 04-30-2004, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my car back from TONY HONDA. I got both good news from them and I guess bad news. They told me that it wasn't what I thought it was, but they did find the source of the buzz and rattle noise. They said that two mounts were broken and that they needed to order the parts and then they would give me a call. I'm a dork when it comes to fixin cars so i'm just figuring that she meant motor mounts.

I don't know much about cars, but isn't it hard to break a mount??????? I think this is going to be covered under warranty as well so I just hope this fixes the noise. And if not then I guess they can replace the clutch plate later.

Let me know if you know lots about cars and you know how my mounts could of been broken. IM SURE THE PREVIOUS OWNERS DROVE IT HARD, BUT THATS EXCPECTED ITS A S2000.....
Old 04-30-2004, 09:09 PM

Im pretty sure your motor mounts werent broken. If they were, something would be very wrong. your engine would be moving all around when you drive and it would feel a lot different then just hearing a buzzing noise.

i think that buzzing noise could be some exhaust piece or heat shield or something. im not sure...

-Snuff
Old 05-01-2004, 05:02 PM

This is good news. This is also why I was suggesting that you try to meet up with one of us to listen to the sound. I had the clutch TSB done, and after a few weeks of "silence" I stated getting a new buzz at around 4500RPM. This turned out to be a broken mounting bolt of some kind in the drivetrain. This could be similar to what you have. I believe they tapped out the bad bolt and reinstalled a new one. Problem solved. I guess the moral of the story is that it is impossible to diagnose a "buzz" via the internet....
Old 05-04-2004, 10:07 AM

I don't mind meeting up with someone that has a S2K. I just don't know anyone personally to go up and meet them. Am I supposed to just walk up to someone and tell them I want to ride in there S so I can hear if they have a similar buzzing noise???

If anyone lives around Hickam AFB and wouldn't mind listening to the buzzing noise coming from my car please let me know and I'll come out to where your at so you can give me your input on what you think it is.

Anyone know of LIMS GARAGE???? It
Old 05-04-2004, 01:32 PM

You do have a badge but it only shows up in the first post of each thread
Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 PM

Do you have a red s2k with asa or adr rims on it? If so, i think i seen it at the hickam gym parking lot.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:10 PM

Yup thats my car the red S with the ASA rims... I think I've seen your S there and also parked on either 17th or 18th street... I live like right there.

You won't see my car there today cause it's at the Dealership today getting two new motor mounts installed. I hope that gets rid of the noise. And if it doesn't they'll just have to keep fixing it until they get rid of it. Or until i go to Bosnia......
Old 05-11-2004, 12:20 PM

actually i dont drive my s to work. if anything look for a silver (really dirty) sti. we always go to the gym at lunch time to work out. if your there, just look for a scrufy, short asian dude wearing a hat. that would probably be me. ack bosnia...
Old 05-11-2004, 02:26 PM

Well I was right It was the clutch plate that was making all the noise as well as the motor mounts. So in the end I guess we were both right. The dealer fixed the motor mount on my car with no questions asked but then when I got the phone call to pick up my car they tell me that I bought my car "AS IS"<-- I told them "BS!!"

So I asked them how did you do work on my motor mounts without charging me if it wasn't under warranty and they just said oh don't worry about that...hahahahaha WTF.. So now when I pick up the S they told me to bring in the paperwork that shows that I bought it with the initial 90 day warranty and not AS IS...These guys are IDIOTS.....O WELL my car is going to get fix in the end so no more complaints.....

I'll keep you all posted if you care on the quality of work they actually did when i get my baby back
Old 05-12-2004, 04:07 PM

The cluch disk is not under anytype of warranty so there going to try and see if they can do a goodwill fix........ ..X,

Quick Reply: Tony Honda