Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

These Are Just Sweet

Old 04-21-2005, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,

It's old school tech.

On a race/track car you want to orient the analog gage needle indicator so it is pointing in the 12 O'Clock position when everything is at normal operating temperature or pressure. You do this to each gage that you have monitoring your engine water temp, oil temp., oil pressure, transmission, differential, and what ever else you want to monitor with a analog gage.

The reason this is done is to make it easier on the driver to check the vehicle vitals while racing. While road racing a driver has to concentrate on his/her line in the turns. The only brief break is when the driver is on a straight away. At this point he/she can take a quick glance at the gages and see if they are all at 12 O'Clock. If not, you can spot the problem real quick.

Now days a computer monitors all the data logs and sometimes transmits it real time to the pit crew.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:22 PM

so it's not so the people driving by can look at your gauges?
Old 04-21-2005, 07:47 PM

But also my left eye is sort of off in an angle as well And as the way I am postioned in my seat, leaning more to the right to have that chicano gangster lowrider look. As PAK has stated, so people driving on my right can see them also.

The neat thing about the Defi Link control unit is that it records your driving and then you just play it back later. FI would be great for this.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by mice,Apr 21 2005, 12:55 PM
Rick,

It's old school tech.

On a race/track car you want to orient the analog gage needle indicator so it is pointing in the 12 O'Clock position when everything is at normal operating temperature or pressure. You do this to each gage that you have monitoring your engine water temp, oil temp., oil pressure, transmission, differential, and what ever else you want to monitor with a analog gage.

The reason this is done is to make it easier on the driver to check the vehicle vitals while racing. While road racing a driver has to concentrate on his/her line in the turns. The only brief break is when the driver is on a straight away. At this point he/she can take a quick glance at the gages and see if they are all at 12 O'Clock. If not, you can spot the problem real quick.

Now days a computer monitors all the data logs and sometimes transmits it real time to the pit crew.
Thanks Mike, that makes sense. So I take it the picture of the gauges were from a cold engine?

For all others, why would you do this for other people to see the guages? Wouldn't you want to see the guages from Mike's suggestions or having the zero level from your eyes? People driving on the left side of you are going to see the guages whether or not they are aligned straight or rotated counter-clockwise.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats up Ben? Long time no hear. Whats new?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,May 7 2005, 06:29 PM
Whats up Ben? Long time no hear. Whats new?
Sup Chris! Nothing much man, just trying to slowly but surely buy things. I have been so much into getting back into paintball that things that came in for my S are still not installed I think she will be getting mad at me soon Well at least her rims finally came in that I wanted but just didnt get any tyers for it yet. How about you? how are things there and with your S?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-S2k-2-NV,May 8 2005, 04:03 PM
Sup Chris! Nothing much man, just trying to slowly but surely buy things. I have been so much into getting back into paintball that things that came in for my S are still not installed I think she will be getting mad at me soon Well at least her rims finally came in that I wanted but just didnt get any tyers for it yet. How about you? how are things there and with your S?
Things are going good. Its nice to have local shops where you can pick up parts the same day. Plus the discounts are great.