Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Suggestions for brief trip to HI

Old 06-01-2003, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for brief trip to HI

Hello people! You folks probably get this question often.

I will be travelling to Honolulu on a business trip this week (June 4th - 8th), and I'll have free time for recreation all day Saturday and Sunday morning. When I made this trip a couple years ago, the manager of our office in Honolulu kindly gave me a tour of Oahu. Therefore, I feel that I might like to visit one of the other islands on Saturday. Do you have a suggestion for something I should definitely not miss?

Otherwise, If there's any kind of S2000 event planned for that weekend, it would be cool to tag along in a passenger seat... but it looks like nothing's scheduled...? I wish I had my car for the trip. I'm sure there are some awesome roads on Oahu, but it would be a waste to try them out in a rental car!

So anyway, all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

Brian
Old 06-01-2003, 06:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey whats going on? Let us know when you arrive. We have a car show coming up this Saturday (June 7th). My S2000 will be at the show at the Convention Center in Waikiki. So I wont have it this weekend.
Other than that nothing else is really happening. PM Smcurry or myself and we can exchange numbers. See you soon.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure where the convention center is, but it's probably not too far from my hotel. I'm staying at the Ala Moana Hotel. Maybe I'll have time to stop by and take a look at your car. What time does that show begin?

I just checked the map. The convention center is practically right next door. Let me know what time you'll be there, and I'll try to stop by. Provided that I don't come up with some other plans that take up my entire day, I think it would be cool to spend some time looking at cars.

Sorry, I don't have a cell phone, but if anyone comes up with any other suggestions for things I should check out, just post them here. I'll be able to check the forums all week, even when I'm working.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:43 PM

I am here. Working like crazy at our office on Bishop Street. The Ala Moana Hotel sucks. I should have stayed at the Hawaii Prince like last time, it was SO much better.

Anyway, I reserved a flight to Hilo early early on Saturday morning, and I'm returning around 5pm the same day. So I'm gonna head over to the car show when I come back.. Hope to see ya there.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:56 PM

I'll finally be back in time for the auto show this Sat to check out Chris's (JDMS2000) car. I never got to see it in person yet so I'm anxious to see the wild and crazy stuff he's done to the car. From what I hear from other peeps, it's pretty sick.

Don't forget, there's an autocross event this Sunday and I'll be there and I hope to see more S2k's there too. I have plans for the late afternoon so I'll try and run in the 1st heat if possible. If you enjoy watching someone driving like he's a drunk old fart who squashes cones and drags them all over the track, then come watch this Sunday and I'll show you how NOT to drive an S.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]I'll finally be back in time for the auto show this Sat to check out Chris's (JDMS2000) car.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:59 PM

Whoa, what happened to your fenders?
Old 06-05-2003, 09:00 PM

RUN CRAIG DAVID STICKERS ON YOUR HOOD. HAHA
Old 06-05-2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by rstark
Whoa, what happened to your fenders?
Poor Spoon wheel offsets at a 2.5 inch drop. Back is rolled but the front is bad. No worries though its all getting repaired in 3 weeks.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by JDMs2000

Poor Spoon wheel offsets at a 2.5 inch drop. Back is rolled but the front is bad. No worries though its all getting repaired in 3 weeks.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. So does that mean you won't be lowering your car that much anymore?

Quick Reply: Suggestions for brief trip to HI