Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

street car showoff

Old 08-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might come out tonight, dont wanna deal with parking or the HPD that will be lurking around.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:29 PM

I remember that ae86 from last year. It looked sweet! Any changes for this show?
Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 PM

Jayson! You friggin rook very gude man!

I didn't get to see the inside of the AE86 F20C-T since the doors were closed, but I did see the instrument cluster and shifter (amongst other things). The installation quality was top notch and IMO was the best thing I saw in that show. Hats off to you and Hypersports for the best craftsmanship of the show. Anyone with deep pockets can bust out a lot of cash and buy bling, boost, sounds... but it takes real pride, experience and careful planning to produce anything onpar with that Hachiroku. Until that point, I was asking myself "geez, if I could spend 1 day driving any one of those cars, which one would it be." For a while I thought it would be that Ferrari (i don't care what anyone says, they are sexy cars) until that AE86 came into view. I'm getting old and just thinking about sitting behind the wheel made my heart start to pound.

I can't recall which car this was but I saw a very sloppy install (may've been one of the 240's) where I saw the blowoff valve welded so darn close to the battery's (+) terminal that the owner decided on using a cut piece of radiator hose to prevent accidental contact. Compared to the AE86 mentioned above, this car was ghetto.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM

fuel system and driveshaft finally on...

jimmy, here's pics of the dash/gauge cluster...

Old 08-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T-REX,Aug 24 2007, 10:48 PM
^that will cost you a small child
I thought you were allergic to them!
Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM

Jay, I think I love you LOL. Love those pics dude.

I can't believe I'm still talking about this same car but it was done so well, it almost looks like something Toyota would sell in limited production numbers since the install was so darn clean... it's very unusual for me to say anything like this about a custom modded car. The interior pics just support what I've been saying even further. It looks almost stock like he got the car that way in the first place, now that's the sign of a top notch install and incredible attention to detail. That's the pure essence of performance IMO, no unnecessary gauges that don't do anything like O2 gauges, no overbadging/stickers on the car, and especially not one of those "hey my car's going to be in the next Fast and the Furious movie" type of appearance.

Pure, raw, simple. This car had the best performance essence of them all.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:31 PM

yeah...two of my friends did all the wiring...if you look good, one of the pics show the door/hatch open another pic shoes it closed ...me and another guy was the ones who figured out how to get the angle/mount of the gauges set up properly without hacking the dash...

soooooooo much stuff was custom made on that time...the engine mounts were made on the lathe, and a lot of custom welding and fabrication were done to it...was a great effort by a lot of guys to get it done though...

it pretty much just sat after last year's show, and then worked on again this past week...i'll pass the comments on to the owner/guys who worked on it...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Here is a few pictures from I think think last year or the year before:

Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 AM

It was nice meeting "Partshelper" (Greg) today! Hopefully we can plan something with everyone and meet up before you leave on Friday.

-Spanky
Old 08-26-2007, 12:37 PM

good meeting you too. a couple of you guys stopped by and said HI. Let me know what is going on for wednesday. I will do my best to stop by.

Quick Reply: street car showoff