Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Someone crashed into my house last night

Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone crashed into my house last night

No shit. last night about 8:30 we heard a car lock up the brakes in the intersection by my house. It's pretty common whenever it rains out here for people to drive silly through the neighborhood. At first we just figured it was another "drifter". Then we heard the crash. I ran outside just as they were backing up and limping away. I got in the Pilot and couldn't have been more than about 30 seconds behind them, but I never found them. I talked to a lady that was walking down the sidewalk and she said she saw them throw a bunch of beer out of the car and I found the case of Heineken they tossed. Never found the car though. Cops came and said "Oh they're long gone by now, I'm not even going to take your information or a statement" Great cops out here. I gave her a vehicle description but she didn't really care. She said by the next day the time frame would be too large to do anything about it, and she wasn't going to find them tonight. Anyway....

Here ya go:

That thing I blocked the fence with is an old solar water heater. It's actually been sitting there for a few years now. It lodged up against a tree and is what kept them from coming further in the yard. I just pushed it back so I can let the dogs stay in the yard

It knocked stuff about 10-15ft in the yard. I didn't get REALLY pissed until later when we thought about the fact that my daughter likes to run laps around the yard on the little walking path at night.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing how stupid kids/adults/men/women in Mililani get when it rains. THEY SPEED UP! Had two spin out right in front of my house while they make a right turn into my street. Ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by avallach,Nov 19 2007, 04:26 PM
It's amazing how stupid kids/adults/men/women in Mililani get when it rains. THEY SPEED UP! Had two spin out right in front of my house while they make a right turn into my street. Ridiculous.
Yeah, it's circus when it rains. People drive recockulously. Every time it rains we prpare for something like this to happen.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:58 PM

That's messed up! Luckily no one at your home got hurt!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM

i still don't understand why no report. every time i've had to make a report, even though there would be no follow up, the officer suggested making one for record. i would file a complaint with HPD. officer prolly didn't want to stand out there in the rain.

i'm sure your insurance company would like to see some kind of report
Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by kent-k,Nov 19 2007, 02:03 PM
i still don't understand why no report. every time i've had to make a report, even though there would be no follow up, the officer suggested making one for record. i would file a complaint with HPD. officer prolly didn't want to stand out there in the rain.

Exactly what Kent said. What a lazy cop.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by kent-k,Nov 19 2007, 06:03 PM

I'm not anti-authority by any means, but to be honest I've just simply had enough with the police force out here. I've never met a more worthless bunch of people in my life (and this is coming from someone who has always wanted to be a police officer). I've got about 6 months left out here and to be completely honest, I've just given up. I love Hawaii, but HPD is horrible. I know full well it's the wrong attitude to have, but this isn't the first time I've had a negative experience with them. I just don't care anymore.

If my insurance had to pay for the damage, I would be more apt to go after the police to make sure I didn't get screwed into paying for it. However, the wall belongs to the town association, so I'll let them deal with it.

Sorry to be negative
Old 11-19-2007, 05:13 PM

there's just a big range of personalities out there. i know some really hard-working stand-up cops. good men and community helpers and such. i've also seen some ultra lazy, irresponsible ones too. just like any community, ethnicity, nation, etc. can't categorize all of them into one group.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 PM

i am glad that stupid driver didn't hurt anybody. I have never seen people drink and drive *literally, sipping on a bottle in the driver seat* until i moved to Hawaii. Some kids are just plain stupid and reckless.

You should build a moat around your yard, so next time their car would get stuck there.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=kent-k,Nov 19 2007, 10:13 PM] there's just a big range of personalities out there.

Quick Reply: Someone crashed into my house last night